Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lu's Hot Head

This past weekend was a great knitting weekend for me. I started making a hat for my brother two weeks ago, and because of work and other obligations, it was taking me too long. The pattern, again is from "Stitch and Bitch". Unfortunately, the first try at it turned out way too big, and so I gave that one to Tony (i think he looks like a thug in this picture).

Naturally, I needed to start another one for my brother! This gave me the opportunity to experiment with circular needles, and knitting in the round. I was working on the new "hot head" for my hot-headed brother at my dad's house, and he decided he wanted a hat as well! But it had to be black. So, after I finished my brother's hat (I think it turned out too small, but I have to have lulu try it on), I started with my dad's black version. And I zipped right throught it! I finished it during the weekend, and that is when Tony decided that he needed a black on to match his 12 more inches scarf. So I started that one as well.. and finished it in a day! I LOVE circular needles! Here is how it looks like on my dad... He looks like a troublemaker!

Since I still have not received the yarn for the baby sweater I want to make, I decided to make another scarf... yes, another one. This one I will send to my co-worker Marice who lives in North Carolina. She has been so sweet to me, even sending me a gift subscription to a magazine! I think she deserves it!

2 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

Congrats on completing such fab hats for your family!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Hi Paloma, I got your message about SP7. In the next week, you'll be able to sign up. Go to secretpalseven.blogspot.com for latest info on rules and what Secret Pal entails. Briefly, It's a 3 month committment to a pal. You will be given a name, and your name will be given to someone else. There is a requirement to send at least one package, and one letter/card over the three month period. The total amount spent on gifts should be at least 50$ US in total. You can spread it out over the three months, and send 3 packages, or do one or two larger packages. It's up to you.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home