Thursday, August 23, 2007

Having a Bad Day

Yes, I am... I got rear ended today and it has totally ruined my day. I am okay, and the car is fine. Well, the trunk of my little red Honda Element does not open, and my venti coffee I was enjoying is all over the car, but it will all be fine. Accidents happen, I know. As long as everyone is safe and healthy that is all that matters. However, sometimes the grumpiness takes a while to dissipate. Am I saying all this to get sympathy? Yes, I am. So hit me with some funny comments so I can get out of my funk.

This has certainly been helping today:

We had a girls night last friday and I asked Reese to bring Ava with her Avita top. I wore my Redgina just for the sake of a cute picture. She makes me smile.

OH! Speaking of Avita, I want to thank you all for your wonderful comments on my first ever pattern. I am so excited when I see that 6 people have added t to their Ravelry queue!


Another thought that has been helping me is the knowledge that there is a Gilmore Girls Season 2 DVD waiting for me at home. I am now addicted to that show (thanks Reese). I am planning on going home, opening a bottle of wine, watching Gilmore Girls and working on my next Secret Project.

Some of my most detailed oriented readers may have noticed that the Secret Michi Baby Projects on my sidebar have now become Secret Charlie Projects. That is because my dear friend Michi gave in to the pressure and found out the sex of the baby! In a few more months I will have a brand new "nephew"! I am so excited, although Michi and Reese are even more so excited as they plan Ava and Charlie's wedding. I am working on Secret Charlie Project 3, and ravelry users can check out the progress here.

Once that is done I am going to keep working on my Breton Girl. I started working on this last Saturday and just cannot stop. I love working with Elann Esprit! It is so soft and stretchy and I am very very excited about finishing this top.

My habulishious tunic is nice and finished, but the preliminary attempt at looking cute during a photoshoot turned out disastrous. Don't make me think about it cause my day has been bad enough already.

I can't stop thinking about other things that i must knit. I have to finish my Free People Inspired Sweater, and I want to make a Clapotis for an upcoming trip of a lifetime (more on that later), as well as this absolutely ridiculous shawl that I cannot get out of my mind. (it is MINE Iselita!). The ideas are just never ending, never stopping, ever flowing, and I love it.

I had a cheesy moment the other day when I told Olga (man I love gmail chats) " I never thought I would love knitting so much!". I am a knitting nerd with everyone in my life that is not part of my knitting life (does that make sense?). Everywhere I go I bring yarn and a couple of sticks to pass the time. But on days like today, when things are just a little bit off kilter, a little bit of nerdiness is well needed.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

paloma, no ugly face....

12:28 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

cute pic! :) sorry to hear about your accident. god, some people need to watch where they're going!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Oh, I wish someone would have a baby girl so I can knit Avita! I think I just might do it anyway, and then hang on to it for future gifting - someone's bound to have a girl, right? Besides, if it would cheer you up if I put it in my ravelry WIP, how can I not? :)

I'm glad you are okay!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry about the car accident! I'm glad your okay. =0)

Your niece is so cute! your expression in the picture makes me cracks up! lol

(To answer your comment)=D I think all creative people can't help themselves from getting idea and tweaking stuff. Beside from that, after joining Ravelry I've gotten so many inspiration from all the awasome projects!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Bad news about the accident! Sorry that happened to you, girl! I hope things have looked up since then.

What a cute picture of you two :)

...and I love Breton Girl!

6:00 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Cheer up, Palomita...I got your beautiful shawl right here. And yes, I thought about keeping it...if only for a minute. OK, maybe more.

Thank goodness for knitting and auto body shops.

You two are just too cute.

See you Sunday.

7:30 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

Your knitting excitement is infectious! I wish I could schedule a conference call or a long meeting for today so that I could knit at work! And sorry about the accident, but GET OVER IT ALREADY! It's Friday! (I'm just being fake-mean, I love marinating in my own grumpiness too).

8:29 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I love the Gilmore Girls too. I recently got into them, but am only on the first season. The Breton Girl looks really nice.

10:16 AM  
Blogger dlittlegarden said...

Cuuuuuute picture! The Avita pattern is super adorable, too. I had resisted the Gilmore Girls for many years, but now must admit that I love them too.

Hope you're feeling better, and I'm so glad you're not hurt from the accident.

P.S. Thank you so much for the flattery re: the razor cami, but please! No reason for you to be jealous! You look completely gorgeous in yours!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Floderten said...

That picture of you and Ava is so great! ;) And the Breton Girl sweater is looking like it's coming along nicely... I wish I had a sweater on my needles!
(Green raglan does not count, as it has been disqualified for being wonky.)

4:37 AM  
Blogger JulieFrick said...

Whoa! You've got so much going on it's making my head spin. That pic is awesome and would perk up anyone's day. I'm sorry I'm not channeling the funny vibe right now. I'm waiting for the Tylenol to kick in.

6:16 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Glad you're okay, shame about the coffee-car.

It's exciting seeing people add your pattern to their queue isn't it?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

I'm glad you're allright! I have to tell you, I just love that picture of you and Ava in your red tops. It's so cute, tongue and all! (and your Avita pattern is lovely)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love loose tea so much! I’m actually out right now, so I need to make a stop at my local tea place ASAP. I’ve never actually heard of teavana. Any good?

6:48 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Urgggh, like you needed that accident.
Cute little Ava there is really charming the socks right off with your new designed baby top! and....this is your first design???!! Wow, blew me away. It's simply stunning.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never would have thought of pairing these 2 colors for the breton but it looks wonderful!

it's the same with me. i knit every where even the sushi bar. people are getting used to it.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home