Monday, July 30, 2007

Shh... Don't Tell Anyone...

... but I am supposed to be catching up from a week long vacation from work. I am almost there. ALMOST. I returned from a nice relaxing time at the beach, refreshed, a little tanner, and ready to get back to the swing of things. It amazes me how a little short break makes your revitalized and eager to do the mundane chores that we get so overwhelmed with on a day to day basis.

There was a point at the beginning of this month that I felt that I could not handle my silly little job, that the ridiculous requests were just too much for me to handle. All I could think about during the day was when I was going to get home and knit, and relax (with wine - there I admit it!), so I took repeated breaks to ravel, and read blogs, and send my Tony emails. Then I got home, and all I could think about while I was "relaxing" is how I had so much work to do. Amazing how the mind works - eh?

After a week of sun, sleeping in, and nice long workouts (I needed to earn my crystal light and rum kids!), I returned home to 160 emails that needed "immediate attention". UGH! I thought I would never get done. But I took a deep breath, did not think about opening my ravelry, bloglines, flickr (ok - i took a quick peek at flickr) and now I only have like 10 emails left to go!

So here I am - taking a break and showing you my latest FO:

Pattern: Razor Cami
Yarn: Patons Grace in Taupe- 4.5 Skeins - approximately 612 yds
Needles: Size 5 Addis
Modifications: I excluded the border with a second yarn, added 3/4 inch ribbing at the top and made the straps a little thicker.


Hopefully I will have my first ever pattern surprise up for you guys soon. Right now I am working on my Habu Tunic, SecretMichiBabyProject 2, a test knit that I will tell you guys about once I ask if I can tell you guys about it, and my Free People Sweater.

The best part - I am so relaxed and content when I knit... ahhh! what a break will do!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger knitfriendly said...

I am glad that you had such a nice break! I need one of those!! Your cami looks great! :)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Floderten said...

I really like the look of your cami; it came out so much nicer than mine did! :)

Sounds like you were a bit stressed out.. I'm glad a vacation helped that a bit. ;) Being stressed out sucks!

12:55 PM  
Blogger dlittlegarden said...

Welcome back! I totally know how you felt about work. I'm due for a vacation too.

Your Razor Cami looks great! I should be finished with mine this week.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always find that when I finish one vacation, I'm immediately counting down the days until the next one. And that would ten days :)

The cami looks beautiful!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cami! Where do you find these "break" things? I think I need one of those!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Yes, breaks are essential to life (and one's sanity). I'm seriously lovin' that tank... If I nice arms like you, it'd be in my queue!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Welcome back! You look gloriously tan and relaxed and accomplished. I love the tank top- it fits you perfectly!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Wow the cami looks good. Sounds like a relaxing vacation.

4:41 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

You look stunning and lovely in your new Razor cami! I like the color you chose too.

10:15 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Yay, no more cranky Paloma! :P
The cami looks fabulous.

4:58 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

beautiful, a great color on you!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

I love your Razor cami! Great yarn choice too -- I love the subdued color.

Free People Sweater? Must know more about that and also the secret projects! :-)

Welcome back!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Fits you perfectly, and an excellent color choice for you as well. You must be thrilled!

2:22 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Crap! You've just reminded me what I have to look forward to tomorrow. The razor cami looks (and fits) great. Nice!!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you certainly didn't waste much time getting super busy again...I hope your vacation provided you with some long-lasting refreshment!

The Razor Cami looks great! Thanks for taking a break from the VERY PRESSING IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY emails to show it to us!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

That looks amazing!!

Looking forward to your surprise pattern! :)f

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home