Monday, June 25, 2007

Redgina

You all know what this one looks like. According to ravelry, 66 other people have made or are making Orangina, and another 79 have it in their queue to make it. It is no wonder! The finished garment is universally flattering, especially the neckline. The pattern is easy to follow, easy to modify and fast to seam up. A winner.

Pattern: Orangina (for obvious reasons mine is Redgina)
Yarn: A little over 5 skeins of Karabella Vintage Cotton
Needles: Size 5 Addis in Red. I loved this yarn. Super soft, almost silky.

As soon as Redgina was blocking, my mind started racing to an annoying degree. I am sure other knitters have had several thought patterns - right? As I was pinning this down to dry, I started thinking "ohmygosh, what I am going to knit now? Should I start on my habu tunic, or just finish the design for my free people sweater? Do I use this leftover Karabella to start up that idea that has been swimming in my head? Oh and my dad reminded me that I promised to knit him a vest? and what about the one pair of socks that I promised tony I would knit him ages ago, maybe that - but... hmmmm.... habu.... should i do something easy that I can take to the pool with me like the razor cami so many people have done and look so cute in? Do I start making SMBP for a baby that won't be born until November? UGH! So many ideas, so little time!"

I go through this A LOT! So I decided to play around with the Karabella surprise (more of that to come) and when I ran out of yarn, start on the razor cami. Now that my mind is a little bit more at ease, I will start casting on with the habu, and strategize the remainder ideas/projects/obsessions that are in my head.

I think I need help!

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Yay! Another Orangina!

You should start on your designs. We'll fumble our way through the design process together. LOL!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Redgina looks great! Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff to work on.

11:14 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Wow! It looks so cute on you!! Good luck deciding what to make next - I avoid such hard decisions by having 2, 3, 4, or maybe even 5 things on the go at a time :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

You look so pleased with yourself - and you should! I usually go through the "what's my next project" thing while I'm sewing up, since I hate it so much and it's the only thing that gets me through. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

5:29 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

Oh, this is gorgeous my friend and fits you amazingly!!!
Yeeey! What can i say, welcome to my head/world all that plus a time pressure!!!
I vote to make something that you can still wear at this weather! More motivation!

5:40 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

oooh, i love it! it turned out great!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Bravo! Orangina is fabulous! As for your new project, why not try that new design that's been floating aroun your head? Hm?

7:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

your redgina looks lovely, no matter how many i've seen before. it's a great color on you, though i'm sure you look great in most colors!
i loved making the razor cami last year, but if you have a design in your head, go for it!

8:20 PM  
Blogger chookie said...

you look stunning ! the red is amazing !

4:20 AM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

I love the color Paloma! Great job! I have too many projects on the needles right now so I am not allowed to cast on anything else right now!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

What a cute photo! I just discovered Orangina on Ravelry- I really like the red. I also vote for a summer project- winter stuff can wait!!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

That looks absolutely lovely on you. I am crazy about red currently and I just loved that red on you!

Mine is going at a snail pace cos I have been distracted by FBS. Hope I will finish mine soon and that it turned our as gorgeous as yours!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, that's one of the loveliest Oranginas I've seen. Great color choice, and it looks like it fits perfectly!

As for your mind racing, I hope it settles down soon! Once it gets absorbed in a new project I bet it will.

9:58 AM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

i'm not sure why the word redgina made me laugh out loud at my desk, but there you go.

it's such a great pattern, i just need to get the yarn - the pdf's been hanging out on my computer forever.

yours is lovely and a great color for you! and terribly appropriate for the nasty weather lately.

11:07 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Hey there, hot stuff. I can see why you made your Redgina. You look great in red. I forgot to mention that last night.

So many projects, so little time, so many hours being wasted at work...I know the feeling.

7:08 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Great Redgina, red is definitely your colour. I know what you mean about your mind racing, that happens to me a lot.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Paloma, it is lovely! Great color, great fit, and a beautiful model :) Congrats on a great knit!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Your Redgina looks lovely and very flattering on you!

And I know what you're talking about. I think I spend more time thinking about knitting than actually knitting. :-D

10:55 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

I love that color on you!

2:19 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Wow, this is a winner on you! You are so beautiful!
The Free People sweater is so in right now. Great style. It's something that you can dress up or down. I bet that yarn Karabella Vintage Cotton is a dream to knit with. I have heard great things about it.
I am so with you on the mind being filled with wonderful knits!

12:12 PM  
Blogger maitai said...

sneaky bastards must have had it shipped from europe! by the way, i like your orangina! i haven't seen a single one that is unflattering, so i may have to buy the patter and make one for myself!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely picture of you and the color is perfect! Can't help much in your next project decision - I work on several projects at once. Kinda crazy, but there you have it. Of course, I'm kinda partial to Habu...

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to the party, but your Redgina is gorgeous! That color looks amazing on you, too. :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Floderten said...

Wow, I love your redgina! I've really thought about knitting this pattern a lot of times.. If it really IS universally flattering, then maybe I'll give it a whirl. ;)

I get those jitters too.. Except I panic about actually finishing something, because then what? So often I'll put it away so I don't finish too quickly. :P

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home