Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sneak Peek

ohh! this is cruel isn't it? The jacket is almost done. Olga helped me with the piping this past friday and all I had to do is finish putting lining in it. Considering this is my first time lining anything it is a slow and incredibly painful process. I hate sewing. But I think the lining will give it a spectacular finished look. I chose purple as my accent color, and don't really know how I feel about it. I wanted to step it up a bit and do something different (I sound like an American Idol contestant - don't I?), but now I am thinking perhaps this will not be the easiest garment to match.
Hopefully will be done with it by this weekend so I can do a photoshoot. I hope the weather cooperates.
I am also working on this Paper Bag:

For Tony's little sister. I promised her something since she sneaks me into her one and a hlaf hour spinning class every week. Although, to think about it, should I really be thanking her for this?

12 Comments:

Blogger Reckless Glue said...

love the jacket, and the lining makes it look so swish! Crap it didn't even occur to me that I would have to line this thing...

9:02 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

piping! wow. you have taken it to a whole new level. i can't wait to see the result.

10:04 AM  
Blogger winnie said...

would you mind sharing your experience of lining a knitted jacket with us? I knit, but don't sew.. and have been trying to google the internet on a tutorial. It'd be great to hear from someone who's done it on a knitted item. Can't wait for the FO, btw. Looks awesome.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Oooh such a tease! Please hurry up and finish so I can see it - I'm dying to see this jacket!! Great color combo :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

Look forward to seeing it! Spinning classes are fun (always stated after the class - not during!) My last spinning class was in Costa Rica where you would not even THINK of leaving early. When someone would leave early, they had these sirens and lights that would go off and everyone would yell at them for wussing out! Talk about peer pressure...

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you! I love the purple, and I think in the long run you will too. It's just a flash of a bold color, it's not like it's crazy over the top or anything. Can't wait to see it all done!

1:17 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

winnie, winnie... thanks for your confidence in me! i am guessing and begging for help on the lining, but when I finish it I will try to post some kind of explanation...:)

1:37 PM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Paloma, me parece espectacular y muy acertado el seguir el consejo de Olga, la chaqueta no puede quedarte mejor con esa terminaciĆ³n, ya se aprecia que va a quedar genial!!!

5:23 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Muy cruel!! Can't wait to see it. I can't even imagine having to line something. It looks spectacular.

5:38 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Oooh, can't wait to see the whole jacket - I reckon it's going to be fabulous to see, I think the purple works. Paperbag is looking great too.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this jacket is going to look absolutely spectacular! The purple lining goes so perfectly well with the color as well as the pattern - I can't wait to see it finished! Fantastic work!

12:35 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Hi Paloma! Just the final step and the jacket is done! I know exactly how you feel... I hate sewing and lining too...

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home