Friday, April 06, 2007

FO never posted


So cute - isn't it? I started this scarf in Mexico on my vacation. I hated knitting it because you have to knit into the front and back of every 4th (i think) row until you get 3200 stitches. Not fun. And while I was making it I could not picture how the colors were going to look all curly and all, so I wanted to undo it like a quadrillion times. Ask anyone on the trip (especially Xtina), I asked them - "Should I undo it?" so many times, they were annoyed.
So I stuck to it and finished it. Binding off 3200 - ya - not fun either.
Because I put so much work and patience into it I gifted it to my friend Jess. She should be part of our monthly girls night but lives in - shoot - I always forget this - I think Rhode Island. See what a bad friend I am? I don't even know where she lives. That is why she totally deserves this scarf. That and the fact that she is a totally loving and caring person and we miss her and we cannot wait for her to move to our area this summer. YAY!!
Oh and the pic? It was take with my new camera thank you very much. I am in love.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy moly 3200 stitches??? I don't know that I'd have it in me. It came out great, though, and as a Rhode Islander myself I can assure you that Jess will get a lot use out of it.

We have the same camera! Well, technically you have the next generation of my camera. Isn't it great?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Sometimes the end makes it all worth it, doesn't it! I don't know your friend, but the scarf looks so good on her, I can't imagine it could be for anyone else. Good job!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for new shiny objects. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

3200!!!?!?! That is crazy!! I am impressed that you even considering knitting that pattern! It was worth it though because it turned out beautifully. What a wonderful gift! :)

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really had no idea it was that many stitches - it's a scarf, how long could it take? But I know it took forever (17 hrs in the van etc, etc)

Well worth it - it's beautiful. I'm sure you are working on a SXP (Secret X Project) as we speak, in gratitude for all the encouragement I provided!

--X

8:53 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

holy mother of... 3200 stitches!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

I don't have your email either! My email is andugger2003 AT yahoo DOT com :) I would love to meet up with you and Olga sometime. :) I am always up for a trip to Stitch DC or a fun place just to hang out and knit. :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

That is alot of stitches. I am so glad you stuck it out though because it turned out so pretty and the smile on her face is priceless!
Your camera rocks! Great resoultion.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

3200 stitches???? That is insanity - but the scarf came out fantastic!

6:35 PM  
Blogger dlittlegarden said...

DAMN! 3200 stitches??? You are a stronger woman than me for completing it. But it does look great!

Thanks for your comments about my nephew!

Cheers!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Its gorgeous. Well worth the 3200 stitches

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home