Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Catching Up

I procrastinate. Now I have to do a catch-up post to tell you all what I have been up to. So you better comment! (x-tina - ahem). I am going to do this in list format. I am a major list maker and I need to do it this way this one time so I don't forget anything.

1) Thanks to Macoco

I want to send out a shout out (woot woot!) to my friend Macoco for sending me this Mexico City guide and the lovely (yet completely uncessary) yarn.

The book totally came in handy on our vacation last week (pictures to come), and the extra commentary handwritten by Macoco herself was an added bonus.

If you want a preview of what my vacation was all about, Macoco has allowed me to share a link to her Flickr Mexico pics. You may want to pay special attention to this picture, as well as this one, this other one, and yet one more. This is what vacationing in Mexico is ALL about. (Especially when your boyfriend's mother was born there and she wants you to experience Mexico to the fullest. (don't judge her folks - seriously this is all I did while in Mexico).
2) Dad Show

My dad is an artist. If any of you ever meet him he will tell you that -repeatedly. His ego is HUGE, it gets unbearable sometimes, but somehow we manage to love him like crazy. Last year, he only submitted his work to one gallery. That one gallery chose two of his paintings and showed them this past month. His ego is now completly unmanageable. However, we all managed to go support him. Here are some pictures of us "being proud". (hola pa!) Not cause I am his daughter (or because he promised me yarn from his trip to Argentina) but his were some of the coolest paintings, if not THE coolest paintings. I did manage to find some knitted work, and of course snapped some pics to share with you. The first one is of a crochetted(?) kimono (my brother looks impressed) and the second one is knitted trash bags. I do not have the name of the pieces/artists, but if I find them I will update this post. 3) Cutest Baby EVER!

You all know her by now. And she keeps getting freaking CUTER! These pictures of her wearing a bolero knitted by her (soon to become) favorite auntie (ok, ok, one of three favorite aunties) was taken a few weeks ago. Reese has informed me today that she has almost outgrown it. It maes me sad, but yet excited to see her grow up.

4) Marice (and her lomester made scarf) Dances with the Stars


About a year and a half ago I made Marice this Windy City scarf because she is the best person to work with. She finally got a digital camera and took the scarf to the Dancing with the Stars show. Her and I discuss reality t.v. all the time because we are junkies. Well, I am dragging her into the junkie category, but I do not think she will disagree. Isn't she rocking it?
5) Argentina gift updates

I finished them in time! Yahooooooo!!! My dad is over there right now (buying me yarn and things) and he has already taken pictures. As soon as I get them, you will see them.

6) Coming up...
I started and almost finished a scarf during my trip to Mexico. I will show you pics of everything as soon as possible. I also am knitting away on my Phildar Swing Jacket and will show pics of that too.

So now... go ahead, comment! (X-tina!!!)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger dlittlegarden said...

Hehe! Your story about your dad's gallery show is so cute! My dad is an artist too, and tries so hard to be humble and not mention it, but it his ego gets the best of him. =0) Your dad's paintings look fantastic!

3:02 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Mexico, art, food, babies - can it get any better?

4:02 PM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Hola Paloma, México es lo más, yo estuve ahí no hace mucho y fue muy movilizante para mí. Felicitaciones a tu papá y el bolero de la bebé es simplemente hermoso, como ella.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to see your pictures from Mexico. Just thinking about it is making me hungry!!!!
And GO Mr. Corchon. Eres muy talento!!!
And Ava... well... she's adorable. And don't worry she can save the sweater to share with her little cousins :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Ha! I find that I'm most photogenic while stuffing my face with yummy, yummy food. :P Thanks for making me hungry for the food all over again. I can't wait to see your pictures from the trip!

7:27 AM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

The baby is adorable. Great knitted kimono. :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

Palomita, welcome back home! I missed you! I bet Mexico was super cool and foody! And i love the methodical layout of your post! Wink Wink!
Cannot wait to see your FO's, and I bet you are proud of your daddy!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you almost finished a scarf on your trip, eh? So of course I want to see pics when it's done (and a shout out to you know who for the unwaivering support of the scarf). But all I really want to know is Vips or Toks?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Your dad's painting looks really cool- do you have any other shots of it and the other one that made the gallery cut? Are you wearing a self-knit sweater there? I just got the one-skein book and really like the look of the bolero- it looks so cute on Ava, too.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home