Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Secret Ava Projects (SAPs) Revealed

Ava will finally arrive in the next couple of days, and so, without further delay, here are the much awaited Secret Ava Projects:

Secret Ava Project 1:
Pattern Details
Pattern Source: Mary Jane Slippers (I think that was the name) from Adorable Knits for Tots: 25 Stylish Designs for Babies and Toddlers
Yarn: Jaeger Siena in Meadow (1 skein? It was left over from the baby sweater I made a while ago) and the pink was yarn my mom bought a long time ago when she thought my brother might be a sister. Needle Size: US2 and US3 Recipient: Ava :)

Secret Ava Project 2:

Pattern Details
Pattern Source: Baby pillow from Jaeger Siena in Meadow (1 skein? It was left over from the baby sweater I made a while ago), pink left over from mom and Patons Grace in Snow
Needle Size: US2 and US3
Recipient: Ava

Secret Ava Project 3:


Pattern Details
Pattern Source:
Baby Bolero from One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet
Yarn: King Tut Cotton (can't find the right color)
Recipient: Ava

Secret Ava Project 4:Pattern Details:

Pattern Source: Baby Balnket from Stitch and Bitch Yarn: TLC Cotton in Light Rose and Cream (knit together) Needle Size: I want to say US8 (can't remember right now) Recipient: Ava

Secret Ava Project 5:

Pattern Details
Pattern Source:
Teddy Bear from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies (I finished this one at 2 a.m. before the shower).
Yarn: I think it's Paton's 100% Wool made for felting... if anyone really wants to know I will find the label and let you know.
Recipient: Ava
Maybe the next pictures I show you is of my new niece wearing, or next to one of these items. It was a joy to make them for her, and for Reese, but it will be even a bigger joy to be a part of her life.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger f. pea said...

Oh Paloma, those are all so beautiful and made with so much love! Ava is a lucky girl!

2:39 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

That Ava girl is goingto get a whole Lotta loving from you girl! Every single project is filled with love and such accuracy! Great Job Palomita!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too...much...cuteness...for one...blog post.... I can't--look away!

Beautiful, beautiful gifts for Ava. I hope we'll get to see her on the blog soon!

4:34 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

awww! look at all these cute baby projects :) i love them all.

4:45 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Wow, those are some super-cute knits. I'm sure mum-to-be is thrilled with them.

5:06 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Adorable, all of them.
The blanket looks incredible!

Happy 2007!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

So much fun to finally be able to see all these gorgeous baby gifts! That is one lucky little baby :) CanĀ“t wait to see her!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I'm blown away by all the stuff you made, and how perfect each one came out! Lucky girl...

1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everything is so CUTE! You've been really busy.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

You really rocked your embroidery skills! I love the drape of the blanket. All of your work came out fabulous.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Paloma, everything is so beautiful and full of love!! Ava is a lucky girl to have you around!!!!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Adorable! How spoilt is Ava? (and I love the name).

8:28 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Oyeme! No te antojes de mi revista, eh? :P

I love Selvedge. I am thinking about going crazy and ordering all the back issues. Please, stop me!

I find it at Borders and Barnes and Noble. Oh, and Springwater Fiber Workshop, where I actually bought all my issues.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These baby knits are sooooo cute!!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home