Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sending a little Sunshine to Cambodia

Do you remember SOL? I made him for a friend in need a of a little sunshine a while ago. Remember him now?
Well, SOL accompanied my friend and her husband on their 4 month trip around the world (me?- jealous? - nah! :( ) SOL was, I am told, kept in the pocket of their backpack the entire time. He was able to visit, England, France, Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Italy, Monaco, China, Thailand.... I am sure that I missed some countries . (me? jealous? naahhhhhh)

Turns out SOL decided that my friends were tiring him out, so he made a new friend in Cambodia, and decided to just hang out and live there from now on:

Problem is, his new friend seems to like having SOL look at his feet all day long.

(By the way, yes, SAP pics coming soon... promise)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, what a nice story and a happy ending (well, middle, I guess -- we don't really know what his ending will be) for SOL! I'm also not at all jealous that a few scraps of yarn have had an infinitely more exciting life than I have. Nope. Not jealous.

2:30 PM  
Blogger LG said...

I do remember when you showed us SOL here! My Gosh, what a wonderful story!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We couldn't resist leaving our travelling mate! He put the biggest smile on that sad little boy's face. And now your knitting is on the other side of the world!

Good news... I saw the boy from afar moments later and he had SOL in his pockets.... head up!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a great story - and mind you, I *love* happy endings!
Happy New Year, and all the very best to you and your family!

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home