Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ms. marigold


I have had this completed for oh so long. I have worn it to work, to tony's parent's house, out for a drive. But I never took good enough pictures, so I did not want to post about it. This blog has been neglected for a while, so I regardless of how I feel about the pictures, here it is - ms. marigold.

I decided to not do the crochet sleeves, cause, ha - I don't know how to crochet! Plus, I thought that it looked too "girlie" and I did not think I could pull off that look. I love the color, and the neckline, I even tried it with an "office" look (see picture below). It will look great in the fall and in the winter as a vest - don't you think? The only problem I have with this one is that I do not know how to bind off loosely. My cast off edge is way too tight, and it makes the bottom kinda roll under. Does that make sense? Does anyone have any other ideas on how to bind off loosely?

Anyways, overall a nice lovely, easy knit. I am obsessed with knitting in the round from top to bottom, and get kinda annoyed when my favorite new patterns are knit the conventional way. Maybe one day I will get good enough to convert my own patterns.

More pics (cutest little brother ever - eh?):














Pattern: ms. marigold from zephyrstyle
Yarn: 4 skeins Knit Picks Elegance in Grass
Needles: (size 6 needles) Denise Interchangeables
Alterations: I did the sleeves in a 2k2p rib for 5 rows, as opposed to the crocheted (sp?) sleeves the original pattern called for.

18 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Hi Paloma! I love the different looks you created with ms. marigold! and you look cute in your pics!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Love the office look!!! Very hot.

Gotta make it. Thanks for adding to my list of projects. :P

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! That color looks gorgeous on you. Great, something new to add to the never ending list of projects :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

it looks great! i like the ribbing a lot. i wasn't very keen on the crocheted sleeves either but this is a nice compromise.

as for binding off loosely, i always go up a needle size or two. or if you are doing a ribbing BO, you could learn the tubular BO which is great for ribbing.

5:02 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Oo-wee, sexaaaayyyyy! It looks great on you.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Wow... very sizzly! I started this pattern a long time ago, but put it aside because there were some errors in the original pattern. Now I'm thinking I should start up again!

7:01 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

i agree with gleek - i usually cast off one or two needle sizes larger, especially for ribbing. nice marigold!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your Ms. Marigold is absolutely gorgeous, and you look stunning in it! Fantastic job you did with it, congrats!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I love the office look - it looks great with a collared shirt underneath! I agree with everyone above about going up one or two needle sizes for binding off.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the neckline on that top!

8:18 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

I am impressed! Don't ya just love Knit Picks? They are the IKEA of yarn. Love the color, too.

Wendy

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lomes, it looks beautiful! Wear it to my house tomorrow so I can see in person!

9:17 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Paloma you look great in the pictures! And you were right, it looks beautiful without sleeves! Lovely color!

7:09 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Hey girl! That looks so stylin' on you! Love it with the dress shirt underneath. Great yarn choice too! Now, that I see the way you knitted the sleeves I might knit one. I'm not a ruffle gal myself. Fantastic job!
Love the pic of you and your brother. Makes me miss mine so much. boo hoo hoo.

1:33 PM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Qué buena idea tuviste!!! Te quedó buenísimo, y bien al cuerpo, como creo que quedan mejor los tejidos. Super Paloma, sos una genia!!!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nifty pattern! Conservative and proper in the back -- exciting in the front! It looks great on you.

There are lots of different cast-off methods that creater a looser edge. I sometimes do purl 2 together, put the stitch back on the needle, purl it together with the next stitch, put that back on the needle, and so on. That creates a fairly stretchy edge. There are many options, though -- a Google search will probably direct you to some possibilities.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

You look so cute in your new vest! I love the color, too. I hear the tubular cast-on and cast-off are great for ribbing.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is such a gorgeous sweater. i think i bought the pattern a while ago and just haven't done anything with it. and i don't know how to crochet either, so... guess i'm sunk.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home