Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Somewhat...

...annoying that my best friend keeps bugging me to update the blog when she a) never updates hers b) has only commented twice on my blog c) won't let me put any bad pictures of her. (hi reesey poo!).

But, because she is very delicate lately, and I am such a good friend, I am updating for her.


Here it is, a brand new FO: Somewhat Cowl!

The photoshoot was done at my dad's house. He is currently re-doing his patio and building a brand new deck all by himself. He thinks he is the coolest man on earth right now, and I will give him the coolest dad, but man? I mean, does he know that Bono exists? That man just sweats coolness.

Anyhoo, I digress. I had hoped that my dad would take (good) pictures of me, like he used to do when I was a little girl, but the man has lost his touch. So I spent about 45 minutes outside playing with the camera, setting it up and taking self portraits of myself. Why 45 minutes? Because about 98% of the pics I took of me made me look like crap. If I was silly enough to show them to you, you would all see that besides the surgery for my 5 chins, I should also invest in 1) Oxy 10 for the pimples 2) LeMer for the wrinkles, and 3) I should have also left my bangs alone, and not gone to the hair dresser today and asked her to trim them, cause now they look all short and ridiculous.
So, I am not going to show you any of those pictures, but here are three more (my dad took the last two):

Okay, okay, I will stop being hard on myself and admit that I think I did a pretty good job on this one. I love the color on me, and the shape. It might still be a little bit loose, but perfect for those "bloaty days" (too much info? too bad!). The arms are still too big, but I think it is because I got teenie tiny spaghetti arms, and I will start doing more bicept curls so I will stop having this problem. When I blocked it, I folded the neckline, so it looks a bit Joan-Jetson, and I don't like that too much, so when I wash it again, I will make sure that the neckline is folded in.

Pattern: Somewhat Cowl from KnitandTonic. Yarn: Peru DK Luxury in 02 (70% Merino Wool 20% alpaca 10% Silk) Needles: (size 6 needles) Denise Interchangeables

There you go Reesey - updated just for you.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a great pattern -- I love every version I see. I think it looks really good on you! I see no spaghetti arms.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just relieved that I don't have to look at that hideous creature (the one on the right, NOT you!) anymore. That color is perfect on you!

PS - This might be my last anonymous comment. Your final reveal package will head out the door tomorrow!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

the somewhat cowl looks pretty, and I love the color on you!
besos!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The cowl looks great! (so do your bangs!)

Heehee, so who's Joan Jetson? There's Judy and Jane...but I don't know this Joan... :P I only picked up on that because the name of my hair salon is Judy Jetson ;)

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you pour dad deserve more respect!!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

What a lovely colour for you! i am in love with the somewhat cowl myself. I have too many projects planned at present to pick that up (plus, hubby might kill me if i purchased more yarn!), but i hope that it is in my future!
Down with Mondays! ;-)

1:35 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Great job on the Somewhat Cowl. It has great drape, looks really nice on you and I think you look great in every picture....and I'm secretly envious of spaghetti arms.

7:49 PM  
Blogger LG said...

The color is perfect for you! Enjoy your dad!

10:44 AM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Paloma, lindo y muy sexy!!! Te felicito.

6:01 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

Paloma, it looks adorable, the color is really goes with your complexion!
Lovely! Knit on some more!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Somewhat Cowl! It looks great on you, no matter what you think about your photos! :)

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sexy and saucy knit! It looks great.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home