Sunday, July 16, 2006

Spoiled

Just got back from vacation to find two wonderful packages waiting for me! (I made Tony go get the mail from our friend before he unpacked -hee hee!)

The first one was from my Secret Pal. Note to Secret Pal: I lost your email - I am sorry! I have been looking all over for it to send you a thank you email, but cannot find it. So here it is: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I love it all! The little knit image is from the card she included with the package.




The package included yumie vamilla Napa Soap (vanilla is my favorite sent); a really cute card - did you make it SP?; four skeins of Karaoke SOY yarn (can you believe that???) and a really cute pattern for the yarn. You can felt with this yarn, but i am liking he scarf pattern - it seems like a pretty accessory, and a quick knit - which is always welcomed!

The second package came from ms. KnitPastis. She had liked the yarn I used for my mom's shawl, and we decided to do another swap. She received the yarn, and really liked it, and I am sure she will make something gorgeous with it. She sent me this GORGEOUS handmade knitting bag and zipper pouch she made just for me! Tony was even impressed, and he is not one to comment too much on these things. He still asks me what I am "sewing", even though I have told him plenty of times that I am KNITTING.

She also sent me beautiful laura ashley notecards and magnets. The magnets are going to work with me, where they will be put to good use. One day we will have a bigger house and I will have my own little office, which will be very girlie. For now, no pretty magnets in the office, because then we will start having soccer and body building magnets as well. Thanks KnitPastis! It is so much fun exchanging with you.


I have so many knitting news, I need to post pics of Salina, and other FO's, but since we just came back from a week at the beach, and we have absolutely no food, it's off to Costco for me.

10 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Paloma I´m happy for you! Such a nice come back home! ;)

2:12 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Aww, how nice.
Look at all that cool stuff! You're so lucky. I love everything.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Welcome back Paloma! You are one lucky girl! You have received some awesome things. I LOVE the knitting bag, and the sock yarn.
I´m looking forward to seeing your FOs
Besos

5:41 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I am so happy to hear you got the knitting bag, zipper pouch and Laura Ashley stationary. Lovely yarn from your SP too! I hope you are all rested up from your vacation:) We all missed you!

5:48 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

OOh, you are spoiled! What a great Secret Pal! I love that stationery, too.

7:43 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Welcome back! Hope you got a lot of knitting done at the beach. I wanna feel that Soy Silk, I've always been curious about it. Let's do lunch or something soon.

Wendy

9:12 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

What a great SP! You're very, very lucky. Two knitting packages in one day. Sheesh. I love those magnets.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you like the stuff (no, I did not make the card). That bag set you got is SWEET! I gotta learn how to sew...

4:07 PM  
Blogger Gaby said...

Que cosas tan lindas!! Justo hoy estuve viendo la Karaoke y la bufanda en una web; es preciosa esa lana! :)

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lomes!
You are such a nerd! However, you are a talented nerd :-) It was the Britney Spears part that almost made me lose my breakfast! After seeing all that you have accomplished...well it turned my frown upside down :-)
You've got some cool in ya
luv
mushi

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home