Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Just so you know...


I do knit other stuff besides my mother's shawl. Two weekends ago I could not take it anymore, and I starte going throug my project stash looking for something quick to knit, and distract me.

I remembered that my wonderful SP from SP7, Fawn, had sent me a kit for her Glamorous Scarf. Such an easy, mindless, and most importantly DIFFERENT project! It was great. I finished it that same day and of course sent it to one of my most glamorous girls: Tony's little sister Mushee.

I had never made her a gift for her birthday in October, so I packaged this up with cute paper and box, and mailed it to her. Even though we live 15 minutes ago, I wanted her to have the same excitement I have when I get an unexpected gift in the mail. Problem is, girl does not know her own address and does not check her mailbos (her and her fiancee just moved into their very first condo). So I had to break the news, and have her make sure to check her mail.

She was so excited to get it, and I cannot wait for the fall to see her wearing it.


I am approximately 62" into the shawl. I am almost done - 10 more inches. I did not get a lot of knitting done this past weekend due to the birthday festivities. (will post pics later). I am already planning what to knit once it is finished (of course). First, I will finish my Salina. A wonderful tweed sweater for the middle of the summer - doesn't that sound perfect? Tony's mom is going to visit her mom (abuela) in Mexico, and abuela loves and collects teddy bears. I had bought Jess Hutch's pattern book a while ago and wanted to make Tony Henry Bear. However, he told me he thought it was spooky...hmmm... if spooky means adorable - yes, he is spooky. So I have the yarn and the pattern, and now someone to give it to.

7 Comments:

Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Great! You are learning the art of doing some easy, quick projects when you can't stand the one you are doing! Yay!

Only ten more inches....

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the bear is really cute! Sure, he looks kinda like an alien, but he's really adorable.
I'm on the sidelines, cheering you on toward the finish line with the shawl!

9:01 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I think the Henry Bear is totally cute!! The shawl is coming along so beautifully!!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

62 inches! You're almost there!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the home stretch! I can't wait to see finished photos!

That water bottle above is so cute -- perfect for the hydration regimen that no doubt accompanies your marathon training (very cool about that, by the way).

2:50 PM  
Blogger bugheart said...

hello hello!
did you still want the suitcase
from the great monday give-away?
i would love
to give it to you
but i need your address...
and can you pay
for shipping
or come get it?
i am in college park
most days
(if that is close to you).
:)
gwen

8:55 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

opps
my email:
bugheart(at)gmail(dot)com

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home