Thursday, April 27, 2006

I always end up doing recaps...

...because I am lazy and don't update the blog as often as I should. Considering I get mad when Crazy Aunt Purl goes more than 25 hours without updating hers, often for me should be every 2 days.

So, had girl's night last week, while Tony was out of town, and we took silly/bad pictures with tiaras because we watched the Ms. America pageant. The girls asked me not to post them (really bad pics). I have to say that the pageant was incredibly enlightening, and actually touched a lot on socio-economic problems. Most importantly, the U.S. needs a better education system, especially in Alabama:

Ya...ummm... it's A-L-A-B-A-M-A, with an L for Literacy. (Hi everyone out there in Alabama!)

Knitting news: I still knit. Promise!

I finished the scarf from One Skein I made for my cousin in Argentina. It turned out really cute, and the best part is that is that I used 6 balls I had left over from my Bolero Jacket fiasco. From the pictures you can't tell, but it is half made of Cashmerino Chunky and the other half from MERINO Chunky. Oh well. People that get hand-made gifts should not complain.
Salina is on hold. I really want to finish my mom's mother's day gift first, so Salina has to wait. Here is a pic of the back and some of the front, just to prove that I don't just talk about knitting it.


As far as my mom's mother's day gift goes - I need a swift. (is that what you call it?) 'Cause you know what happens when you cross some wine, with a yarn winder and really thin yarn? This happens:


So annoyed. However, in the end, I had a nice little collection of yarn balls. Before and after pics below.


I will try to update this more often. Meanwhile, if this post has any spelling or grammatical errors, people from Alabama feel free to contact me.

7 Comments:

Blogger f. pea said...

oooh, pretty yarn. and a swift & ball winder are fun to play with and totally worth the investment...

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

richest country in the world, each and every PUBLIC school SHOULD be world class, offering all the necessary tools, to all children, regardless of class. but, too bad our democracy has been hi-jacked, by a bunch of chicken hawks spending billions on an unnecessary war. wake up america! btw: i like your knitting ;)

11:49 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

my lord woman....get thee a swift stat!

your mom's gift looks so pretty, what pattern and yarn are those?

12:21 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

i did not think my funny on alabama would cause such reaction... I wonder who "Anonymous" is this time...

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose we could give Alabama the benefit of the doubt and say their problem isn't with illiteracy but with poor attendance -- maybe the L just failed to show.

I can't begin to imagine winding that kind of yarn without a swift. Very impressive. She shawl will seem easy after that! Your beginning looks great, and the gray is going to be absolutely beautiful.

1:01 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Love the shawl so far! Pretty!! Your mom is lucky. :)

Is Tony still gone? Wanna meet us for dinner tomorrow night?

Wendy

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, heck. Update when you can. (Er, like I do. Hee!) We'll still be here.

I really like the color you chose for Salina. Very nice!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home