Thursday, April 13, 2006

Momo's Sweater

I finished it! and in less than a week - which totally shocked me. It turned out gorgeous, but not as beautiful as it's owner.

I mean, really people, could she be any cuter?!

The sweater is a little big, but we (her mama and I) purposely did it this way so she could wear it next winter. However, she seems to already be a bit of a fashionista, because she loves it so much she wore it to bed!

The pattern itself was really easy, because it was done in one piece, and then stitches were picked up for the collar.

Pattern: RIBBED JACKET Debbie Bliss: Special Knits
Yarn: Cascade 220 # 8114 100% Peruvian Highland Wool
Gauge: 5 sts/1in
Needle: US 7

More pictures of my fabulous little friend and details of her new favorite sweater below:

I made a little rose from it, using the instructions on the Winter issue of Vogue International rose pillow. But I was not too thrilled with how it looked.


7 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Girl AND sweater. :) i must get the pattern . . .

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is SO CUTE! Looks very cozy...I kind of want one for me! I'll have to track down that book somewhere and try to find a deserving kiddo to make one for. Great photos, too!

2:39 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Love, love, love the sweater. Can I have the pattern? sh...

Momo is cute, but I know a girl who's cuter (sorry, I'm biased).

Keep knitting!

Wendy

5:47 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

Nice work, Paloma! The sweater is gorgeous. You should have Momo model all your work.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

That is so cute! ^_^ Both the jacket and the model of course.

I can't find your email address so I will answer your qns about my Phildar sweater here. I didn't find the English version but bought the mag anyway and translate it using online translator and some knitting websites with the knitting terms in french and English. I wouldn't mind sharing my translation with you. By the way, me and my knitting buddies are meeting up 28 Apr evening at Alexandria. Drop me a line if you are interested to join us. Not sure if it will be too far for you.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOOD. GRACIOUS! That baby (and the sweater that swaddles her) is so adorable!! Thank you for making my day just that much better with cute babies in cute sweaters...

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me: the jacket for the little kid looks good

paloma: thank you!
paloma: leave a comment

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home