Saturday, May 20, 2006

What was I thinking....

On Wednesday I signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon. My strategy is to tell everyone about this, that way, when I get a moment of regret and wanting not to do it, I will remember that everyone knows I am supposed to be running it, and if I don't I will look like a looser.

I was excited the whole day at work. Then on the way home, I started thinking about how I would have to spend less time knitting and more time running. And how I was going to have to start getting up earlier to get my miles in, and how I was going to have to start not just talking about watching my diet, but doing it. And how it is 26.3 MILES!!! Really, what was I thinking?

But, this is one of my lifetime goals, and on October 29, I will have accomplished it.

Ohhhh... and I measured my mom's shawl, something I have been avoiding because I really did not want to know how much more I had to do, and I am 62% of the way there! (approximately). I have knit 48 of the 77 inch shawl. Wooo hoooo!

I have been knitting all morning, but now... I have to go for a run...yayyyy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on the marathon and the shawl - I'm so impressed! Just think about how good you'll feel when you're done with both of them, and hopefully that will keep you motivated!

10:38 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

If only one could knit while running....

Wendy

who would run if she wasn't fat with bad knees and ankles....

3:12 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

That's amazing -- good for you! I need to get my ever-expanding-ass out for a run.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Well, as long as you are motivated, I'm sure you'll do great! (You are much braver than I am!)

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, girl! I'm always so amazed at how people manage to complete these intense physical feats... I would love to someday, but that would require actual action on my part, and well... Let's just say I'm more of sidelines kind of girl. But you, however, kick ass!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home