Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

I love me some exchange!

1.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am def. starting to be a bit of a yarn snob. I do not like novelty yarn, no eyelash or anything like that. (see… I am a snob).


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a Denise Interchangeable case, so I keep most of them in there. The rest (the smaller sized ones) are thrown in the beautiful knitting bag my little/little bro got me.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My mom taught me when I was little, but I have been (obsessively) knitting for a bout a year and a half. I think I am intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes! It is also on the sidebar.


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla… yummie.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
No, I am more of a chips and salsa kind of girl – especially lime chips.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I just ordered Happy Hooker. I want to learn to crochet because there are so many cute patterns out there that combine both. However, unless I get fired from work, I do not think that I will have the time to do both. Knitting is def. my first priority.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Any kind of music! Really… well… maybe not strong rap that much. I like bluegrass (Alisson Krauss), Latin, Hip Hop, and I love any good mix that will keep me longer on the treadmill.


9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like neutral colors, but I also like pinks, purples, dark reds… and I just discovered dark blues don’t look too bad with my skin tone!


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with Tony, my boyfriend of almost 7 years (gasp!) and he won’t let me get a Great Dane, and that is all I will say about that.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
No ponchos – please. Scarves – ALL THE TIME.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Ohhh… anything that is challenging, and makes me feel like a knitting superstar. I have so many knitting idols, and I have FO envy too!


13. What are you knitting right now?
A RRS shawl for my mom, and Salina for me.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I thought I did not, until Fawn (my last SP) made me these AMAZING socks. I cannot live without them now.


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars are my fave. I knit with the plastic Denise set, and have not tried bamboo yet.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own a winder, but man do I need a swift – as evidenced in my posting below.


17. How did you learn to knit?
My mom taught me when I was young. But, I have been perfecting it by reading blogs, and increasing my knitting book stash.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
A month. I need to finish stuff.


19. What is your favorite holiday?
Does my birthday count? Ok, then Christmas.


20. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn?

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I constantly update my wishlist, (hi boss!) I only subscribe to Vogue International.


22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn when to use different types of casts ons, as well, as different finishing methods.


23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet.


24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
May 30 SOON!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome would it be if your secret pal sent you a great dane for your birthday as a result of this questionnaire. :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Hee, I like Rachel's comment. BTW, I have about 6 or 7 of the books on your wish list. Maybe you should see if you wanna borrow them.... Oh, and I gotta give you back your plastic needles!

W

6:00 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Tony not letting you get a great dane is about the saddest thing I've read all day.

I checked out your wish list and I have World of Knitted Toys and would be more than happy to send it your way.

:)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm... I don't think I'll be sending you a Great Dane, though I empathize with you - I want a second doggie! Just wanted to shoot off a quick hello before heading off to brainstorm what wonderful goodies I should send your way. Awesome, awesome bag btw!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home