Friday, May 26, 2006

"I got a package!! I got a package!!"








Tony and I went out to dinner last night because I was too lazy to cook. He was talking when all of the sudden I interrupted him and said - "oooh! wait, did I get a package today?" and he of course, said no. Cause as we all know, boys like to lie. (hi tony! I love you!!).

I did not make a beeline for the "mail spot" in our house once we got home, because I knew all that would be there were bills, since Tony had told me there were no packages. After cleaning up some, lighting some candles and watering my new geraniums outside, I finally made it to the "mail spot", and started screaming "I got a package! I got a package!". And what a package it was! In it, I found the cutest birthday card I have ever received (see above), and the following:
I had to take a picture of the sushi tape!; look at the confetti in the box; and my new favorite water bottle!

beautiful yarn to make my very first knitted purse! I cannot wait!!! (when is this darn r.r.s. going to be finished!!)


an adorable bag (hellokitty - of course) firlled with noisemakers to celebrate my birthday, "blha blah" post its to leave note to tony, emory boards - i am always loosing some, mini pinball machine for the now less-frequent boring days at work, and the aforementioned birthday card.

So, as you can all see, I am one lucky girl! Thank you Secret Pal!!! My birthday celebration - yes, I drag it out for at least a month - has started out with a bang. I think that Tony's weekend away plans have a hard act to follow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Wow, nice package! (Wait, I really didn't mean for it to sound that dirty.) You must have an awesome secret pal.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday! (I have friends that drag the celebrating on for months, so keep it going as long as you want.)

3:37 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Wow, cool SP you have! I am envious of the Peace Fleece!

Call or email when you get back so we can get together--I can't top the package but I do have a pretty neat present for you!!!

Wendy

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it being your birthday and all, I figured I ought to make the first package pretty neat. So... don't expect the rest of the packages to be as nice. Just kidding! Glad you liked it. :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday! I am very impressed that you are going to run a marathon- good luck with the training. Your mom's shawl is gorgeous. My mom's sweater has been put on hold- still haven't got any yarn for it :( Madrid is lovely- I'll have a tinto de verano in your honor while I'm here :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home