Tuesday, June 13, 2006

bear butt and buttons

I mean, really, how incredibly adorable is that bear butt?!?

It is killing me to knit it, I cannot knit fast enough. This is my first time knitting with dpns, so it took me a while to get used to it, but now, I think I have the hang of it.

I knitted this last night while Tony was going through the World Cup games of the day (thank god for DVRs!).

The World Cup (go Argentina!) is going to bring me a lot of knitting time, I think. Now, Tony will not be pressuring me to put down my knitting to go to sleep at 9 p.m. because he will not be done watching the day's matches! YAY!!!!
Also thankful that this is a relative fast knit, because I need one for me! This henri the bear is going all the way to Mexico, to keep Tony's grandma company. But I think his twin is going to have to reside at our house. So, so CUTE!

This is my Salina (front and back together, and then front detail) catching some rays in the morning. I am about half way done with the sleeves as well, so I think you will be seeing some FO modeling shots soon!

Now here is my problem: I was looking all over for some cute buttons for Salina, when I just decided that I wanted the ones that the pattern called for (i know - not very original). So I ordered them from a seller on eBay. I need to learn that I should just stop at one item, cause while I was searching for these:


I ended up getting this as well, cause I have to make it! Thankfully I did not buy the yarn yet... I have to draw the line somewhere!

7 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

ah yes, lots of good knitting time to be had while watching world cup!! my hubby and i are doing the same thing (but we normally stay up till 11:30PM anyway so staying up that late to watch the games is no big deal.)

henry the bear is very cute! i can't wait to start my own.

11:03 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

ooh, that is a really pretty sweater - i can see why you couldn't resist! that bear butt is the cutest thing i've seen all day, by the way.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovin' the bear... is that a 100% i see on the r.r.s? congrats! can't wait to see salina all put together.

3:40 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

All good work! I especially love the Jaeger sweater. Very pretty. I understand the temptation on ebay. I just ordered two books from Amazon...why? Because I needed some ribbon and didn't want to place a $5 order so I had to get the books. right?

5:44 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Your doing great knitting the bear on Dpns! I guess I should have warned you...Ebay is addictive. I love your great finds on there!

1:00 AM  
Blogger LG said...

CanĀ“t wait to see this cute bear finished!!!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a really pretty top! Do you plan to make it soon? Can't wait to see it!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home