Thursday, July 06, 2006

The only good pattern in the 2006 pattern a day calendar

Here it is ladies and gents, the only pattern I was willing to try from that 2006 Pattern a Day Calendar. I am not going to put a link to it, because, if you cannot say anything nice about someone, don't post a link to their product - (hee hee).

We have hardwood floors at home and we have a very strict no shoes policy. (Well, Tony is a bigger stickler about it - but that is another story). So I want to make some slippers to have around the house so when people come over they don't have to ask me for socks, or walk around barefoot.

If you look closely, you might see that I actually seamed it incorrectly, and this should be the outside part - oh well. The seaming is also unever - again, who cares.

I made them with Caron So Soft, a pretty inexpensive, cheap yarn, and the pattern was pretty easy, so I will be making more of them.

In other updates, Salina is done, but I am waiting for my photoshoot, which I have been too lazy to do. I started Somewhat Cowl and it is really cute so far! I am loviing it. I will post progress pictures soon. Okay - off to bed.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, those slippers look snuggly! When can I come over to test them out? Oh wait - you're not supposed to know who I am...

What yarn are you using for Somewhat Cowl? (if you already went over this, I apologize).

10:35 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Pretty slippers, Paloma!
I´m glad you make that comment on the 2006 Pattern a Day Calendar, because I wished it very much, but couldn´t get one. Now I know it was not worth it! ;)

5:00 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

So cute! We have that same rule as all of my girlfriends do, no shoes on in the house. I bet your Salina is beautiful and looking forward to seeing it.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Awesome slippers (referred to as slip-slips in my house)! I like your attitude toward seaming ;) I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Lovely Slippers! I love the color. I have wooden floors at home, so they would be a great knit for me too.
Besos

7:06 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

What a great idea and they look so cool. Make sure your friends don't take them with them on the way out. ;)

I agree about the calendar...geez...what a collection of horrendous patterns.

Can't wait to see your Salina.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

Very nice! i have a pair of knit slippers that i keep at work (i don't like wearing shoes much anywhere!).

Looking forward to pics of Salina & the progress on the Somewhat Cowl. i'm slightly obsessed with Somewhat . . . be sure to let us know how the pattern is to knit!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really, really love these slippers, they look so comfy and cozy! And if you wouldn't have mentioned the seaming thing, I wouldn't have detected it - s it can't be that bad :) Great job you did! Now I can't wait to see your pics of Salina, I'm very curious to see how it turned out!

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey P! I hope I get to see you again one day soon...I am so not in the loop about all of your adorable projects! Miss you!
Becs

4:21 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

That is SUCH a good idea. Maybe if I tried it we'd be able to enforce the "no shoes" policy at my house. So far I have had little to no success. But I'm inspired now!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home