Monday, June 19, 2006

Bon Voyage Henri! (he's French)

Henri started out his last day at our little house having a cup of coffee and chatting with me while I knitted Salina's sleeves.

Although we had met only a few days ago, I had grown kind of fond of the little guy and it was hard to know that he would be smuggled into Mexico via suitcase in a few days.

So I kept knitting while we talked about poetry, friendships, relationships, and our amazement of the Argentina/Serbia-Montenegro game. Did I tell you guys? Argentina won 6-0. Henri agreed that this was an amazing accomplishment and that the team already deserved the cup. (french bears are smart!)

Then we continued to talk about our love of technology, and I showed him one of my prized possessions: our maid.

I love Juanita. She is so eager, and fast, and wants to help put all the time, she gets into every little corner!... However, while Henri and I were chatting about the internet, and other technological wonders, Juanita was too eager to impress us:

Ya, she ate up Salina!!

While I was cleaning this up, Henri decided to mentally prepare himself for his voyage by relaxing in our brand new deck chairs. He was very impressed by our geraniums. (I am still impressed that I have not killed them yet.)

Oh how we will miss Henri the French bear. I know Tony will miss having another person to watch the soccer games with that is not too busy trying to figure out if Argentina can beat the teams playing to enjoy the games.
But, we know that he will be keeping Tony's grandma company, and enjoying her cakes, (and maybe some tequila), so that helps to ease the sadness.

And myabe, just maybe, we can convince his cousin Hugo to come stay with us for a little bit.

Hugo is from Spain... where they make Sangria... YUM!

14 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

hahahha! henry is cool.

10:36 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Ok, I want my own Henry! We gotta do a swap baby! Can't see myself without one.
Darn new maids...step away from the yarn...just step away from the yarn please.LOL

11:26 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Awww, how cute! Hello from VA.
Love your mom's shawl.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! little henri is the cutest, and quite photogenic. i hope he wasn't too scarred by seeing that yarn getting eaten up!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paloma - I finally got around to visiting your blog! Henri is so adorable. Bon voyage Henri - enjoy your trip! :)

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godspeed, Henri!

Love the deck chairs -- those look like a very pleasant place to spend some time.

4:58 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Henri is adorable, what a great job. I was jealous of Juanita - until I saw what she did to Salina...

5:20 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Henri is so cute! You did a great job on him. Was that your first attempt at intarsia? Way to go!

Wendy

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry is cute! I think you should knit him a blue and white soccer ball hat, in honor of ARgentina. Hee hee!

8:12 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

I know she ate your knitting, but just exactly WHAT is juanita and WHERE can i get one???? She cleans for you? Does she have a cousin who does bathrooms??

5:47 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Hey, I finished the book! I know it's not Garcia Marquez o Cortazar...but I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down until I was done.

Hope you're enjoying it too.

6:30 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Henri went to Mexico? He canĀ“t party today!
ARGENTINA 2 - MEXICO 1 !!!!!!!!!!
VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OLE OLE OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Umm can Juanita come and stay at my house for a while....

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henri is a nice bear, but Vamos Portugal!!! And, if they don't win.... Viva Italia!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home