Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bolero or Dilosopharous?


When you cannot tell the difference between the two, it is time to frog. Scary - I know - but scarier is how I shot this pic of myself... Could I have given myself more chins? (I think I count 5...)

It was a tough decision, and thanks to everyone that responded and gave their opinions. Since it was my first knit for myself, I was completely tempted to keep it and stare at it, and remember the good old days when it would take me five months to knit with Chunky yarn. But, as I was thinking about this, I also remembered the dent this yarn made in my wallet, so, I frogged. There is no sense in having so much money just sitting there staring at you.

Another question I am asking myself is why I decided to roll up all the yarn into one big ball... isn't that a good question? Ya - the only thing I can come up with is I was drinking wine. I have not started re-knitting this yet, but I forsee it being a problem - especially when I have to (re-)do the sleeves.

Soo, goodbye to my bolero jacket - part I... let's hope part II turns out better.

(Don't I look like a flasher in this pic? - sorry peeps!)

12 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

AHh, you made me laugh! I love the first two pictures together and then your comment about the 5 chins. Heh!

Tough decision, but I think it was the right one.

2:20 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

I am excellent at photographing myself with a multitude of chins, I now go headless, claiming that I want to "retain my annonymity". Sorry you had to frog, but I'm very sure that it will be worth it in the end (i.e. you will actually wear it).

PS. You can knit igor and bolero - you can knit socks!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger LG said...

You made me laugh!!! Great post, you have "mucha chispa"! ;)

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are too funny! after thinking about it some more, i've changed my mind and realized that you will still be able to remember your first project, so why let good yarn go to waste? good luck with the re-do!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn really is too pretty to just let it stay folded up in a sweater that you'll never wear. Best of luck with the re-knit!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, mi muchacha...can't wait to see you tonight. I'm sorry about your sweater...but I agree with the logic. Love you!

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you absolutely sure you don't want the option of looking like a dilosopharous sometimes? It could be pretty intimidating.

Nah, just kidding. People who frog projects are generally always glad that they did, so I'm sure your next FO with this yarn will find you looking much happier than in the pouty flasher photo.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

I´m sorry you had to frog, but I´m sure your next bolero will look much better, and you will actually wear it.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I think it was the right decision - especially after seeing the picture of the dilosopharous. That thing would scare me into pretty much anything.

Your bangs look great by the way. Saw Devil Wears Prada last night and A Hathaway's hear got me all thinking about bangs.

10:37 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Hahaha! You'll be glad you froggged, but I, too, hate doing it. Why was the other one so big? Did you not do a gauge swatch or did you overestimate your ....?

What's with the chins? You don't look like that! I seem to look like that in every picture.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great! The bolero too! I agree that it shouldn't stay in the closet... like me....
Happy re-knitting!

5:03 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

I know the feeling when you are nearly done and it just doesn't seem right, so you want to frog it and start again..
same feeling I got about my last cardigan, i re-knit it though good in the very beginning, making it longer and I hated it before washing, after blocking, it transformed into a different and FO i am actually pleased with!
Happy knitting!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home