Thursday, July 27, 2006

Who wears a sweater in 100 degree weather?

A knitter that has spent countless hours working on a sweater, that's who! Finally, pictures and details of Salina. This is the first garment that has truly made me feel like I can knit. Sure, it is not the most complicated, or the best fitting sweater, but it is 100% wearable.

In fact, Tony likes to keep the house so cold, that I have been wearing it while lounging around the house, just to keep myself from being frostbitten. (hi Tony!) But, I cannot wait for the weather to get colder so I can wear it to work with a nice pair of jeans and cute boots, or for a fall afternoon of wine tasting in Virginia wine land. For now, I will have to be content with wearing it around the house, or showing off outside on our deck.

Tony loves it, and is getting quite impressed with my knitting techniques (as am I). He wants me to knit him as sweater, but I have told him time and time again, unless we are engaged - no sweater. I am even apprehensive about knitting him some socks! (is that acceptable you think?)

Pattern: Salina from Vintage Knits: Thirty Knitting Designs for Men and Women
Yarn:6 balls Rowan felted tweed in Melody (50% Merino Wool 25% alpaca 25% Viscose)
Needles: (size 5 3 1/4 mm needeles) Denise Interchangeables (as always) Others: 4 rowan 00320 buttons ( I do not variate from the pattern much, as this is exactly what the pattern called for. Notes: So the arms are still a little bit big. I think I am making sizes bigger than me. (read: I think my boobs are bigger than they really are). But I looovvee this one!


Final notes:

1) After I received so many comments on how frogging is the right way to go, I have decided to undo my bolero jacket. I cannot stand seeing it in my closet not being worn. I have a ton of other things I want to knit, but I think this will jump to the top of my list.

2) It was Tony's birthday this past Saturday. No, he is not old! He is HANDSOME! Happy Birthday Tones!!


17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your salina came out great!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! You AND your sweater! (And Tony too, you lucky girl)

4:23 PM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Paloma:
Muy lindo el sueter, me encanta el color!!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Fantasic knitting job on Salina! I love it and the color you knitted it in. Whoohooo! Both of you are so darn cute together.

6:23 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Salina looks beautiful! You´ll use it a lot! Love the pictures!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Your sweater looks great on you (and the colour is beautiful). And you two look gorgeous!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*applause* salina looks awesome! the color is sweet on you, and the guy makes a nice accessory as well. ;-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

LOVE that sweater - no wonder Tony wants you to knit him one! Pics are pretty great too. Happy Birthday to Tony.

6:05 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Whoa, little lady! You and Salina look great.

It's such a cool sweater. I'm thinking about making it again.

5:48 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Good work on Salina!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Salina looks amazing - what an awesome color choice too!

You two are too cute.

11:29 AM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

Lomester, I wish I had your email to reply! Next time email me =)
where in VA are you?
We are moving to DC this fall.
And also thank you so much on you r compliments on my blog.
I have been mocked at so long for this skull by my knitster friend, but I think I will eventually redo it! My skills on instarsia improved sinse then, plus they are Hot!
I love your new Salina, love the yarn, it's seems so light and summery looking!
Yum!
Olga

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, GREAT sweater! You look so glam -- which is impressive in a long-sleeve sweater!

I'm jealous you can wear it to work with jeans -- that's my dream work outfit. Sadly it wouldn't fly in my office. :(

Happy (belated) birthday to Tony!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

Fabuloso! i *love* your Salina. It makes me want to break out the sweater patterns! i need to focus on Christmas gifts though - *FOCUS!* ;-) Fabulous pic of you and Tony.

PS - i too am jealous of your jeans office wear!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

Fabuloso! i *love* your Salina. It makes me want to break out the sweater patterns! i need to focus on Christmas gifts though - *FOCUS!* ;-) Fabulous pic of you and Tony.

PS - i too am jealous of your jeans office wear!

2:09 PM  
Blogger HomeMadeOriginals said...

enjoyed reading your blog. How do youge the works in progress chart in your sidebar? I'd love to have one on my blog:
http://www.homemadeoriginals.blogspot.com/

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home