Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunshine

Sometimes we all need a bit of sunshine to brighten up an otherwise stinky day (a day like today, when someone comes back from vacation only to find that even though this one person stayed up till 1 a.m. several days in a row before going on vacation to make sure that everything was nice and tidy at work, idiot people still find a way to make everything messy). Sorry, needed the vent.

Anyways, I have a friend who has been having a hard time late. To cheer her up, I created this little guy, in the colors of the sun. The pattern is from the same book where Henri was born. Jess designs the cutests things - doesn't she?


His name is SOL. SOL, as in sun, and as in Standards of Learning test. She is a teacher and hates prepareing her kids for the SOL tests. So, I thought she needed a reason to love SOL.

Wordy explanation - I know. But in my defense, I am at work, and livid about how people tell you that they understand what you are talking about, but then turn around and make a huge mess of things while you are on vacation because they think they know what they are talking about, when, clearly - they don't.

I think I need some sunshine. (or tequila).


9 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

That is so sweet! It sounds like you need a pick-me-up for your stinky day. I'll tell Tony to get you some carnations. :P

11:58 AM  
Blogger lomester said...

Macoco is being funny y'all. I hate carnations. I like tulips - but Tony always gets me carnations thinking they are tulips cause he is a boy, and macoco is a not-so-funny girl!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

What - Not-so-funny! :P I agree - Carnations should be banned.

12:02 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Your friend will love Sol! Cute!

4:53 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

Paloma, this little Sol is so cute and definitely makes you smile,
I am so glad that your sweater is coming along and you will learn that the more you experiment the more you learn hence more confident in your knitting!
Knit on, superstar!
Hugs, Olga

4:58 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

It is sure to cheer your friend up!!
She will love SOL! Hang in there yourself at work.

4:25 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

so... dang... cute! sorry about the stinky day. i'd go with the tequila.

9:43 AM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

So cute! Don't forget the other meaning of SOL-- xhit out of luck! Guess next time you go on vacation, your co=workers will be SOL!!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, don't you hate that first day back from vacation where you feel like it totally wasn't worth going away at all if you're going to have to work overtime jsut catching up on everything that happened while you were away? At least you are very funny about it. Nothing can be too bad if it provides comedic material for your blog.

SOL is great -- what a clever name.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home