Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Last Girls Night without Ava

We started girls night as a mandatory reason to see each other. With busy work/married/liveinboyfriend lives, it sometimes gets so hard for the four of us to see each other, make dinner together and share a bottle of wine while venting, talking, being silly.

It was hard at first to have us all four together since Jess lives in Rhode Island (or is it Maine - I always forget cause she never emails me). But we managed to get her on the phone a couple of times - we were NOT drunk dialing - and we all spent some time together, as best with could. Then the situation got a bit more complicated, cause Reese got pregos, and it is so hard to enjoy wine when one of us is drinking O'Douls (disgusting). But being together with or without wine always brings me a type of comfort that I can't share with anyone else. Isn't it weird how girlfriends are so comforting, annoying, sisterly, opinionated, encouraging and supportive all in one package? I could not ask for better "sisters".

Our girls nights are going to be a bit more complicated the next few months. Reese (as mentioned) is pregos, and Michi decided to go on a trip around the world. She obviously did not considered that I would be left alone to deal with the pregos woman when she made this decision. I hope she brings me something nice to make up for it.

Anyways, this is a picture of all of us together one last time before our whole world goes topsy turvey (Jess is on the phone):


You see, when Michi returns from being a world traveler, we will have about a week before this party of four turns into a party of five ( I miss that show - but thankfully we can see Charlie on LOST). Ava (in Reese's tummy) will be joining us at the next girls night.

How funny how four highschool girls worried about the hair, their makeup and the boys in their study hall are soon going to turn into four adults that worry about their hair, their make up and their boys in the other room, and now, we are going to have to teach little Ava to not do all that.

Since this is my first "niece" I am going to make her a bunch of little things (I hope). But since this is a laborious and painstaking process (knitting, that is), Reese is not going to get any of it until she goes through the laborious and painstaking process of carrying little Ava for 9 months. I think it's a fair exchange - no?

Here is a peek at the first little thing I created for Ava. We will call it Secret Ava Project (SAP) 1:


That is all you are getting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ai, mi mu chacha...that is very sweet! Little Ava is going to love her baby booties!! ;-) She already has the best Auntie's!

1:57 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

I will neither deny nor confirm that SAP 1 is booties.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

What a sweet tradition! I had no idea you were all HS friends - that's really cool. Ummmm I think Michi left you with the crazy pregnant lady on purpose....she'd better bring REALLY nice prezzies back with her. ;)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

Yay! Let me know if you come across any really cool new baby projects. My BIL & SIL will be expecting again any time now! i should get a head start. ;-)
Niece turns 3 at the end of September, and i'm at a loss for birthday ideas! Maybe i should make a Henrietta bear?

1:17 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Beautiful picture! Good friends are a treasure!

6:05 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

You girls look so sweet together. Makes me miss all my best friends! Your going to be an Auntie, ahhhhh. Knitting baby items are fun and quick.

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention the laborious and painstaking process of delivering Ava. I think that will definitely deserve to be rewarded with knitted goodies.

How wonderful to have such a good group of longtime friends. Funny how you say this is your last one without Ava -- I mean, in some way she attended this most recent one!

2:53 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

Ava is going to be a lucky little girl with all those great aunties!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Waaaaaahh!!! That makes me miss my best-est college pals, who are too far away to see except once a year, usually- though that will get more complicated as time goes on, of course. I love your past few posts (I'm still catching up from vacay)- they are hilarious!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home