Thursday, September 21, 2006

Suertuda!!

A while ago Vik had mentioned that she had been wanting the 2006 Pattern by Day Calendar. Since I have it, I told her I would send it to her, and when the year finished, I would send her the rest of the patterns. No biggie, just doing something nice for a fellow knittter, and an Argentina!

She completely shocked me by sending me a thank you gift! You know I love getting packages, but there is something to be said about getting international packages! Look at the postage! That flag is so pretty...

Next to the postage is a bracelet that she sent that I cannot wait to wear next World Cup when Argentina once agains tries to reclaim their rightful place as World Cup winner (c'mon boys!).

Also included in this surprise package were some yummie chocolates and my most favorite cookies ever - TITA! Weird how a bite of a chocolate covered cookie can transport you back in time to when you were 7 and as a treat your mom would give you a TITA. YUM.... My favorite was a potholder that she made by herself. I did spend a while trying to figure out the pattern, but then gave up. I will have to google it.

Thanks Vik! What a lovely surprise.

Also an update on the SAPs. I finished SAP2, and am working on SAP3. Take a look at a sneak peek of SAP2:

I told you - no baby/no FO pictures that are visible. I am now finishing up SAP3 - and man o man is it cute! Ava is going to be one lucky well dressed baby.

I am also working on my Gatsby Girl Pullover from the last Interweaves. I love how this looks, but this is my first time doing lacey stuff and it has taken me a while to get a hold of the pattern. There are some mistakes on the back (which I just finished) but the untrained eye cannot see them, and my hair will cover them, so I am letting them be.

It is really pretty isn't it? I am using yarn that my first secret pal, ms. f.pea, gifted me a few months ago, and which I was able to find on ebay - same color and everything for a not so expensive price. I like the color - its like a muted coffee brow - and cannot wait to wear it. Either to dress up some jeans, or to the office.

The back so far is looking very pretty. I do wish that was the size of my waist - but it is not. The ribbing makes it look so much smaller than it is. See how stretchy it is?


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for packages! The Gatsby Girl sweater is on my to-knit list. I love it! Yours looks beautiful so far!

1:57 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

I should add to Wendy, it's on my knit-list as well, may be like #11 or 12 after all the stuff I have halfdone.
I love the periwinklish color of your Gatsby Grrrl!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

How nice of Vik to send you all those yummy things!!!
Your projects look good!!!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now it is my turn to copy you -- I totally want to make that sweater. It is very high on my to-knit list (though my opportunities for knitting things off my to-knit list are limited, what with holiday knitting on the horizon). I'm dying to see how yours comes out!

8:32 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

the gatsby girl pullover is so cute! i love your color choice.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

ooooh!!! I LOVE this sweater! Can't wait to see it completed. Kudos for doing lace, too. I still can't seem to muster up the concentration needed to do lace work. So, the color is brown? It looks lavender on my screen. I like brown for fall. Weren't you working on Salina a while back? Did I miss that completed photo shoot?

7:26 AM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Paloma, qué lindo color, adoro el gris!!! Antes no me gustaba porque tenía el uniforme del cole de ese color, pero ahora me encanta!! Es gris o medio lilac?? Divino. Qué bueno lo que te mando Vik. Es bueno sentirse cerca de la infancia con estas pequeñas golosinas.

2:33 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Hola Paloma! I´m happy you liked everything!!! I knew you would like Titas! and I sent Mecanos because of the dulce de leche inside...
The Garterlac Dishcloth is knitted with entrelac stitch, you´ll find the pattern at my blog -there´s the link!-

I love the Gatsby Girl Pullover!!!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The Gatsby looks beautiful -- I can't believe how fast you knit that up!! I knit so much this weekend, it was so gratifying. I need to quit my part-time job so I can knit more. Is that a bad sign?

Those gifts from Argentina are so sweet - the bracelet is awesome!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ms. Marigold is too fab and I can't wait to see how Gatsby Girl looks on you!

I love fellow fabulous knitters...

10:35 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

I'm so excited to see the Gatsby Girl coming along - I love that yarn!

2:21 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

What a nice package (oo-er!).

Gatsby girl is coming along nicely.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home