Thursday, December 07, 2006

I do TOO still KNIT!

I have been lacking a little blogging mojo, but not knitting mojo... but don't worry kids - I AM BACK!!

Here is what I have completed lately:

Roll brim hat made out of one Sken of NORO Shinano 65% Wool and 35% Silk for my little brother Pablo. I made him a ribbed scarf about a year ago with similar colors and told him i would make him a hat to match. I have to admit, I normally do not like different colored yarn. I am a one color, consistent type of girl. But man-0-man am I in love with this NORO. I hope he likes it too.

Tony's mom wants a sweater for her birthday. I have a hard enough time with sizing for sweaters for myself, I did not want to make a horrible sizing mistake with her. Plus, I have not made a sweater for my own mom, she would be so upset if I made one for Tony's mom first. So I compromised in my mind and decided to make her this Bulky Circular Bolero provided by ms. gleek. I ran out of the Gedifra Living in Cabernet, and cannot wait for the rest to arrive. We are celebrating her birthday this Saturday and I really want to give it to her. Oh the pressure!!

Last but not least is my Phildar Asymmetrical Sweater. Knit on US size 3, and it is killing meeeee!! I always choose the projects with the small gauge - why?!?! It is turning out really pretty though - take a look:

That right there is the back, right front and almost all of the left front. Now all I have to do is the sleeves, button band and neck. Not much - right? :) I bought a great gray skirt that I think will look so cute with this sweater once it is done. I want to make a couple more small Secret Ava Projects (SAP) before the baby shower next weekend, so this is going to have to wait for a while until those are done.

I cannot believe Ava is almost here, and not only do I get a new niece, but I get to finally share all my projects with you guys.

Oh, one more pic:


13 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

You've been doing TONS of knitting! I know what you mean about the solid yarns. Then I see somebody with a varigated hat and I think hmmm well that looks nice. I have a lot of Noro kicking around, I might dip into it for a hat.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My talented best friend...can't wait to see the SAPs...I know they are beautiful!

Love you!

11:30 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

ah, so you went for the circular bolero! great! i love mine. it's a little shunky but very warm and fuzzy. the good thing is that you are very close to the end and the seaming is super easy. you'll be done in no time.

great to see you back and knitting!

12:06 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Nice to find you back, Paloma!
The hat is very pretty, everybody tells Noro yarn is an incredible good quality!
Hurry up with the bolero, Saturday is coming soon! She´ll love it! The color is beautiful.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Welcome back!! Your knits look great! I can't wait to see the finished phildar sweater!

4:09 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

Squeal, look at all those projects! I am drooling. Why do WIP's get me so wound up?? That asymmetrical sweater is the hottest thing I've seen all day. Yeow!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you haven't been blogging -- when would you have had time? Your projects look great. I just love the Noro hat.

I hope you finish the bolero by Saturday! I will be sending you fast knittting vibes.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Your sticks must be on fire with all the knitting activity! I love all the things you knit, and I can't wait to see the SAP stuff - you've kept us all waiting long enough!

2:58 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Good to see you back. You've been busy haven't you. Good luck getting the bolero done in time (great idea for a compromise though).

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the hat! I'm sure the shrug will turn out fine. It's my favorite color too!

4:48 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

Noro rocks!

I may make that circular bolero for myself after I finish all my other projects....

8:02 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

You've got your work cutout for you, girlie. Better get to work!
Cute hat. :D

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat! Good for you- knitted Christmas gifts AND your own seater on itsy-bitsy needles. You still owe me a Tony Bordain update! How was the man in person?!?!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home