Thursday, December 21, 2006

She Luvvreeeddd it!



Pattern Details

Pattern Source: Bulky Circular Bolero from ms. Gleek. Such an easy to follow pattern that knits up so quick and cute! (it was not as quick for me since I kept being distracted by SAPs). ms. gleek just rocks!
Yarn: 8 balls of Gedifra Living in Cabernet
Needle Size: US 10.5 from the good 'ol Denise Interchangeable set
Recipient: tony's mama. Let me tell you something, this woman, not so easy to knit for. I have knitted her a couple of scarves and she adores them and wears them. (no pics since they were from my beginning fun fur days, and I am embarrased by the acrylic). And as I think I told you before, she wanted me to knit her a sweater, and I did NOT want to knit her a sweater, but promised to NOT knit her another scarf for her birthday. She kept insisting on a sweater, and the colors were very specific, dark blue or black or dark burgundy red. This color was perfect because her and I share a love of wine (as I am sure many of you out there do as well) so the name Cabernet was just the finishing touch to a well thought out project. She was more than delighted and wore it the entire night while we celebrated her birthday at my house and drank wine and ate cheese.
As much as I dread actually spending time on knitted gifts that I fear will never be worn, responses like hers were well the time not spent on my Phildar Asymmetrical Jacket.

This past weekend was also the reveal of the Secret Ava Projects and ivan the robot. I am going to try VERY VERY hard to post the next two days with those pics. If you don't see me...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! From lomester

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Hi Paloma! I was missing you! Nice to see she loved your gift (I knew it!)
Love your picture! Happy Holidays to you too!

2:05 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

aw fantastic! it turned out great and i'm so glad that she loves it :) congrats!

5:31 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Score!
Happy holidays to you too.

9:33 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Fantastic, so glad the dilema worked out in the end. It looks great.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Moms sure does look happy! I'll bet you scored big points with that (not that you need them). Can't wait to see the reveal of the SAPs!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the big success with Tony's mama's bolero! It looks terrific on her (and she looks very happy wearing it!)

Happy holidays to you too!w

4:31 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

glad to know I'm not the first beginner who was seduced by acrylic fun fur. I'm just waking up to the horror of it all...

I agree with you on the gifting thing, it's tricky and I don't want to waste my precious knitting time on something someone else won't wear!

Great job and I'm glad she loved it.
P.S. Found your project through Ravelry

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home