Thursday, January 18, 2007

My First and Last Day with Ivan

You guys know how I am. I like to tell stories with my knittings.


ivan was requested by Brandon, my Godson's older brother, who just fell in love with igor when he first came into the picture. Every time that I would see the boys Brandon would expect me to have an "ivan" hiding in my purse.


Althought they are not my boys, I feel some responsibility to teach them some important life lessons. So I started with learning how to be "patient". igor first appeared in August, and I told Brandon he would have to wait until his birthday in December to have his own. I got a lot of grunts and grumbles and 'oh maaaaaannnsss' but I would not be a good teacher if I did not stick to my timeline.

While they were learning how to be "patient" I was learning how "not to procrastinate". Because I finished ivan at approximately 3 a.m. on the day of Brandon's birthday party, which ended up being also Reese's baby shower.



It was nice to have him around that day, as I needed the company while I ran errands:

First her helped as I got lost in my neighborhood of at least 15 years because I was too tired and I missed my turn. He was begging to have a shot at the wheel, but ya, he could not reach the pedals. He made me stop and get coffee, and make sure that the SAP were secure during our travels. I think he became even more nervous when we picked up the baloons. The decreased visibility and my lack of sleep is not a good combination. Thankfully he also helped me eat some of the candy that was passed out at the baby shower, and quickly took a nap.
Although he was fun to have around for the day, it was a lot more fun to see Brandon and Chris happy to finally have him in their lives. Those smiles say it all. (and then they got silly)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

I hope you didn't let Ivan drink all of that coffee! Those kids are seriously cute, I can't even stand it.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun post! And those last two photos -- well, let's just say I dream of a day when I too will have such appreciative recipients for my knits. Ivan and Igor are a great pair, and it is infinitely refreshing, in this day of $400 video game systems, to see them so enthusiastically enjoyed by those two little boys.

1:52 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Ooooh! It's so great to see him so happy to receive ivan. The 3am staying awake part was totally worth it eh?

9:41 PM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

OMG! How much happiness and excitement on their faces! Those kids seemed to go bIzzerk on the knit robots by Palomita! U can start a business on the account of other kid's moms! Paloma, u r the best!

3:35 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

oh god, that's just too cute for words! look at how happy he is! great photo capture :)

you know, i've had that jess hutch book forever and i still haven't made anything from it.. but now i'm itching to make a whole zoo full of creatures for the peanut. must start knitting!

8:57 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

i am dying with the cuteness. the last photo is so great.

12:35 PM  
Blogger chookie said...

he looks soooooo happy!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Your nephews are so cute! More than teaching them about patience you are also helping them appreciate the value of hand-made gifts and spending TIME on those you love NOT money.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home