Friday, May 04, 2007

Obsessed

I have a new obsession...Ravelry.com. frecklegirl and her husband have created this AWESOME web community for knitters. I am sure that all three of you that read my blog probably have read about this already, but I wanted to share my excitement as well. It is a great site to organize your projects, learn what other people are making, gawk at FO's, and meet new friends. If I were not so busy at work I would be spending my entire day doing this.

Right now they are still in testing mode, so they are slowly inviting people in. Go ahead and ask them for an invite! You may have to wait a little bit, but once you are in, you will not want to do anything else but hang out there.

In knitting news, I am doing the unthinkable. I am working on more than two projects at a time - yikes!


The first one is the Paper Bag I am making for Tony's little sister in exchange for the butt kicking spinning classes. I love the way this is turning out, but it is killing my fingers! The raffia (is that how you spell it?) is super rough to knit with, but I think the end result will be a super cute bag that she can use during the day and at night during the summer.



The second one is The Princess Capelet from Twinkle Big City Knits. This one is actually almost done now. It would have been done already except I cannot read. The pattern says to work 15 rows decreasing every 3rd row, and then work until there are 22 rows. I took this as to knit an additional 22 rows. So I had to do a bit of undoing and finished it really in one day. This one is a late gift for tony's older sister's birthday, and now graduation gift since she just finished defending her dissertation and is getting her phd.


The last one is my own creation. It is my first attempt at creating my own design - completely winging this. This is the yarn left over from the bolero fiasco... remember that? And when I saw this cute little cardi on colourknits flickr feed I wanted to try it. However, I am learning how to know my own shape, and the cute little model... she has no boobs, and has no hips, and no tummie - and me, I got all those. So I am trying to make this one longer. It is going to be a learn as you go type of thing... bear with me as I cry.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

I hope there's not too many tears with that project! It looks great so far and I like the color.

You're using raffia for the bag? Too cool! I never would have thought of that. A woman in my knitting group was knitting with strips of plastic bags and that blew my mind a bit.

11:09 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

raverly rocks!!! The paper bag is looking great - I'm sure the pain will be worth it.

5:01 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Can I just say you photos are simply BEAUTIFUL!!

I totally love that little cardi too, very much!!! I will learn and figure out the button hole things one of these days:) I mean, I can do button holes but not lined up perfectly on the button band yet.

She is going to adore this bag, so chic.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Great looking projects- I'm trying to get up the nerve to knit with new materials- love the "paper bag" look. Also very impressed with your self-design endeavor
!Animo!
It looks grat so far and if things get teary- well, just put it down for a while and treat yourself to some vino-we'll be here to support you!

1:25 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

all right! get down with your bad designer self!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger LG said...

I signed in for ravelry, but I´m still waiting for the invitation... Can´t wait!

7:16 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Hey Paloma, it´s me again! I´m organinzing something... wonder, if you would be interested? Just take a look at my blog, when you have time... HUGS

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home