Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Is it something in the water?

Because it seems that everyone is having babies now a days. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just will have to quit my job to make gifts for all these people. We found out a little while ago that another one of my closest friends, Michi, is pregnant! So watch out as I make a lot of SMBP (Secret Michi Baby Projects). We are fighting with her to find out what the sex of the baby is so that I know what colors to use, but I do not know if our persuasion is working. I will keep trying, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of white involved in these projects * sigh *.

My co-worker (who has now drank the water FIVE times!) is due in a few weeks. She is like the mom of the group, and always so helpful so I made her a little something something:

Pattern Details:

Pattern: Baby Kimono from Greetings from Knit Cafe
Yarn: Caron's So Soft 1 skein
Needles: Size 6 Addis

Truth be told, I am not super happy with this. I was not in the mood for making it, I am now not so much liking Caron's and I just kept dreaming about my redgina. Also, the back looks super silly, and I kept messing up the pattern. However, I do think that she will like it. Everyone loves a handmade gift - right?

Remember how I told you last time that I had a special friend visiting over the weekend?
I wasn't lying! Kat came and spent Sunday night at our house and did not complain ONCE about my horrible impromptu cooking or Tony's demands of no shoes in the house and no talking during the last episode of the Sopranos. (which I have to say was a tremendous dissapointment). She was even sweet enough to bring me some birthday gifts (yes - I drag my birthday out - do you have a problem with that?)

Isn't that gorgeous merino lace yarn??? I love it. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about what I want to make with it. I have no concrete ideas, so please, come forth and suggest. I really cannot wait to make something with it. It is so pretty! She also gifted me some feltable soap. I have not done it yet, but basically you put the wool over the soap and felt it. As you wash it acts like an exfoliator. How cool is that? Thanks again Katalancheeee! Come and visit again so we can hit the adult pool - okay?

On monday I took off from work (yay) and we met up with Isel at Stitch DC where we met up with Olgita who works there. They could not have asked for a more knowledgeable employee, she rattles off ideas like crazy! I wish that I could take off from work everyday and hang out with my friends.

If you want to see more pictures of our meet up, including Isel's close encounter with mohair, check out my flickrpage.

Also go check out Olgita's new pattern on knitty. She is so freaking talented! (and her photographer is not so bad either if I do say so myself.)

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can only think of shawls for the lace weight, but which one?!!? Victorian Lace Today has some great ones, and even one or two for the cone of Habu Tsumugi you have.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Remind me not to drink the water! :)
Great picture of you girls at the shop!

6:10 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

those are surely the finest photographs i have ever seen on knitty.

10:02 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

No drinking that water for me:) She will love the baby gift! Happy Birthday my little buddy! I am all for dragging the birthdays on.LOL
Such a cute bunch!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I look very dazed in both of those pictures! I was definitely not at my most photogenic ;)

Thank you again for being such a great host! I had a great time.

That kimono is so cute - I love the color.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I am SO familiar with Fertile Friends and Family Syndrome. I have gotten a little tired of making every darn pregnant person in the universe a baby sweater, so I'm thinking of cutting them all off cold turkey.

Although you don't have to just use white for gender neutral! Brown, greens of all shades, rust orange, red, oatmeal...many options!

I like your cute little baby kimono, by the way. Sorry that you don't.

3:04 PM  
Blogger LG said...

"Hay algo en el agua?" We have the same saying in Spanish! ;)

5:15 PM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

You gals look so cute! What fun! Let me know if you all plan a meetup at Stitch DC again. I would love to tag along! :)

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Rachel!
See there are so many baby neutral options. Pink and blue are very over-rated!
Paloma you have to be nice - especially to a pregant woman (they can get very emotional, you know!)

9:13 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Fun times and cute kimono.
Get sick again soon. ;D

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby kimono is so cute! It looks really good to me, I think of course she will love it.

I have no idea what to do with lace weight yarn, I have never used it myself. I could see maybe a really lovely, light and airy shawl or somesuch thing though.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Olga's Zin-Zin photographer is awesome! :-) I actually looked at the photo credits at Knitty because I thought it was styled so well. Good job BOTH of you!

Love the photo of iSeL and mohair too!

Jealous of you Stitch DC people. Would love to visit the store.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think these things happen all at once. For me, everyone under the sun is getting married. I have a total of 9 engagements this past year. It's crazy!

Thanks for stopping by my wee little blog :) Bellydancing is a blast. I've been into it for a couple of years now, but am only really getting serious about it these past few months.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home