Friday, May 11, 2007

Princess Capelet

I was playing with Picasa a little last night, that is why this is an "artistic shot". So, I finished the Capelet. It was a quick knit, super easy, and the end result turned out shockingly adorable.

This was a gift to Tony's older sister, whose birthday was in March (oops - a little late). However, I have bad luck getting her to model for me (see the status bar on the right -the promenade bag - was made for her birthday
last year). So I decided to model it myself. I kinda really like it... I kinda want one for me (sans the pompoms - I am not a pompom girl).

The one thing I would change is the yarn. For this one I used two strands of Lion Brand Thick and Quick, which is inexpensive yarn, but I really just wanted to try out the pattern in the book. The yarn is itchy and just not very pleasant to work with, although the end result does not show it.

I took the Capelet over to her house yesterday, and although it wa
s over 70 degrees outside, Aik wore it out on a date with her boyfriend. As she would say "it was a total success".

Pattern Details:

Pattern: Princess Capelet by Wenlan Chia from Twinkle Big City Knits
Yarn: Lion Brand Thick and Quick in Cranberry (I think that is the name)
4.5 skeins
Needles: Forget the Brand size US19

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

Oooh I love that color! The texture/stitch pattern is really nice.

11:56 AM  
Blogger tatiana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:35 PM  
Blogger tatiana said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous on you!
I love the colour!
Good Luck!!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I love it! Very chic looking on you. Heck, over 70 degrees! I am sitting here right now in a zip up cabled sweater over my t-shirt:) Yeah, it's hot outside but cool enough to wear it indoors. I bet that caplet would look great with a pair of jeans and flats.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

It's so cute! You definitely need to make one for yourself.

11:18 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Very nice - looks like you will love having one of your own :)

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that really came out cute! You should definitely make one for yourself -- it really suits you!

Glad to hear you're enjoying Ravelry so much. I spent several hours this weekend having a photoshoot with my stash.

6:56 PM  
Blogger f. pea said...

That is a great capelet - it looks like it came right out of a vintage 60's pattern book! I love it.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

That capelet is a great colour and the texture is so SQUISHY! I need to pick your brains about the Phildar swing jacket..yours looks lovely, and I think my one might end up with one button too, as I also have quite a rack. Did you put the binding on by machine??

6:54 AM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Love it love it love IT. Hey, I hope you don't mind but I've tagged you for a meme. Details on my blog.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Reckless Glue said...

wow that capelet is gorgeous...did you use two strands held together? I'm dying to make something out of that book but all of the twinkle yarn is too expensive *and* too unavailable here. That looks like a good substitute though.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Reckless Glue said...

duh ok nevermind...you've said it right there, I am a dolt, sorry!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Julie said...

I'm making this and I don't get how to attach the sleeves. Do you remember how you did it?

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home