Thursday, May 17, 2007

Another FO - Unbelievable!

I am cranking them out like there is no tomorrow people!! Why such the rush? Maybe I am avoiding the lace work on my Redgina, or my very first pattern attempt... maybe... I don't know.

The sewing on this stunk. I am a horrible seamstress. But, the more I practice the better I will get - right Olgita? I even attempted a nice pocket! Mushee (Tony's little sister) is getting this tomorrow, and I will let you all know how its received.

I love the finished product. At first the Raffia was hard to work with, because I am used to nice lovely delish yarn, and nylon is a huge difference.

Not much to write about today. We are going out of town tomorrow to Tony's older sisters graduation, so I am trying to get a lot done before then. Even a haircut scheduled later on, which I am always scared about so wish me luck!

I have been tagged for a meme, my knitannie but I am not in the "full disclosure" kinda mood - so I will leave it for when I have a little more pep.


Pattern Details:

Pattern: Paper Bag by Just Call Me Ruby found on Knitty.com
Yarn: Nylon Raffia in Pearlized Champagne (4 rolls approx.)
Needles: Size 6 from my Denise Interchangeables. (thankfully I am addicted to my Addis now or I would be heartbroken that one of the cables broke!)



Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

I'm a huge fan of that color combo! The bag is so pretty!

You are going out of town?? What will I do if I have a knitting emergency? Will you be available via cell phone? heehe sorry am lightheaded and need to eat my lunch.

I hope your haircut goes well. I used to go religiously every 6 weeks. But I haven't had my haircut since December...and now I'm scared. I have to do that soon!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

oh yeah - and I like your floors!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Another gorgeous finished object- that bag is so darn cute! The name in no way does it justice. The color and the lining work well together and I really like the handles- where did you find them?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Love it! The colors are wonderful, even better than the original (IMO). I'm sure it will be very well received. :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Cool! I like it better than the one shown on Knitty too. What a nice gift.

Hope the haircut goes well.

11:57 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Fabulous! I'm sure she's going to love it.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you made that!!!! You are amazing.... I want one.... please.... secret P project number 1 :)

6:55 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

That bag looks really great, love the lining/pockets - looks like the tough knitting was worth it :)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great FO! The sewing looks perfect to me (though I admit I don't know squat about sewing). You're becoming quite multitalented.

10:02 AM  
Blogger lanas y tramas said...

Paloma: sos una SUPERGENIA!!!!!!!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

That's a lovely bag. I love the pink lining.

By the way, I didn't realise you had been tagged for the 7 Random Things and I tagged you again. Oops.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the bag! You did a great job! Looks like you did a great job with the lining.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Just call me Ruby said...

Thrilled to see the photos of my bag on your blog. You can't believe how exciting it was.

It looks beautiful. Love the idea of the pocket. Thank you for blogging about it.

p.s. i also have some of the Habu Tsumugi Silk - I love Habu but its so hard to get in the UK.

for now
ruby x

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home