Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire


1.Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

I have just started knitting, so I have not yet become a “yarn snob”. My last two yarn purchases have been Jaeger cotton and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky. Just from the little experience I have had with “better” yarn, I think I will become a yarn snob. (was that explanation long-winded or what??) short answer – YES.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?


Nope. Before I try either I want to “master” knitting.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have Denise interchangeable needles – I store those in the case they came in. The others are just kinda lying around my knitting bag or basket.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

My mom taught me the basics when I was a little girl. I have picked it up more and more the past year. I would consider myself to be intermediate (because I like to challenge myself) although my FO are still beginner.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not one I update frequently.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Vanilla or Sugar Cookie candles – (I love the “baking” smells – probably because I am a HORRIBLE baker)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I prefer chips and salsa… lime chips… UMMMM (insert Homer sound here)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I always start learning something and then put it down. Knitting is the one thing that I am consistent in.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My ipod has anything and everything, from tango (I am from Argentina) to country and bluegrass to jazz, classical… and even some Britney and JLOs for my long runs. Not ashamed at ALL.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like neutrals and natural colors. I am always into soft pinks, and now recently into greens. Blue just does not look good on me – so I don’t like it.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am single, but have been with my boyfriend, Tony, for almost 7 years (GULP) (Hi Tony if you are reading). I am extremely close with both my family (mom dad and 2 bros) and Tony’s family (mom dad and two sis). My dad has a cat – Macey – who I adore, but she hates me since I moved out in April.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves – all the time! And they are my favorite “easy” project to knit on the side. I love making people birthday scarves. Ponchos are not me.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I don’t have favorites yet. But I love my new Debbie Bliss Cahmerino… gosh I cannot wait to start that bolero jacket!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Haven’t gotten to the point where I hate any…

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I am finishing (hopefully by tomorrow) a sweater for a baby (not mine Tony – don’t worry) and cannot wait to start my Bolero Jacket. I am always knitting a scarf for someone.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I just want to get to the point where I can actually make myself something!

17. What are you knitting right now?

See 15

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes, as long as they do not take too much room in my small closet and small condo.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circulars… looooovvee them!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I really want to try bamboo… but I hear aluminum are faster - and I def. need to get faster!

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No.

22. How did you learn to knit?
By watching my mom when I was little, and more recently by reading books (Stitch ‘n Bitch) , browsing the web (not at work – OF COURSE) and reading blogs.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Don’t have any yet.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

OOHH… hello kitty!

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Besides my birthday that I make a HUUUUGEE deal out of (May 30)? Christmas.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Books – I have way too many, but cannot stop buying them.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None yet, but thinking about Rebecca and Rowan international as they are my faves.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Not recently.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I need more knowledge about finishing. And blocking.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

No – I am not.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

May 30.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Awesome button from your SP! Thanks for posting the questionnaire! Erin (Your SP7 hostess)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home