Thursday, August 30, 2007

Habulishious Tunic

I have had a love/hate relationship with Habu. As I spoke about in this HabuTextile post, I hate spending money. Habu is not, what you would call, a yarn that you can get on sale at Michaels. However, Olga (my friend, enabler, and huge reason why my credit card bill gets bigger) got me HOOKED. Like, addicted, I would almost say I am nearing crack addict status, but I strive for a PG rated blog, so I will not go that far.

The Habu Tsumugi A-1 for this tunic was actually a left over Olga had. I had always wanted to make this Tunic in the Rebecca #31.
However, this yarn did not yield the same gauge, so I had to recalculate the entire pattern. I am fascinated with this yarn. It is completely organic, and the result is a nice and flowy and (dare this wannabefashionista say it) utterly comfortable! There is this boho look and feel that comes with this tunic, but I am going to see if I wear a white tailored shirt underneath, and some dress pants how this looks.

Project Details

Project name: Bramble Tunic from Rebecca #31
Yarn: 6 skeins (double stranded) of Habu Tsumugi A-1 2/1 Coloway 83- Cork
Needles: Addi Turbo's US 5
Modifications: Umm... I recalculated the entire pattern to fit my gauge. Time consuming, well worth it.
The only problem is...what Habu project will I do next... trust me... more of that to come. BTW - this is my 100th post!

Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

Blogger maitai said...

happy 100th post!

and purple is a great color on you!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

You look fab, as always. And congrats on the posts!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sweater, and just in time for fall!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Gorgeous! I love it.

I read that Isel has picked up your next(?) Habu project's yarns at Habu. ;-)

2:55 AM  
Blogger f. pea said...

you are such a ROCKSTAR! nice work. and it really does look fabulous on you, especially with that necklace.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a whole sweater out of Habu! You are living my dream. Sweater is gorgeous, btw, and looks fabulous on you.

6:28 AM  
Blogger dlittlegarden said...

Ohhh, I love it! Beautiful work.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

That's just lovely! Great color, too.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooooooooo gorgeous! i've always wanted to splurge and make something out of their yarn, and now i just might have to. love it!

7:18 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

totally gorgeous. i bet it will get tons of wear!

8:24 AM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

VERY pretty. I love how simple and classy it is. It'll be great this fall.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Congrats on 100 posts, and the gorgeous sweater! It must be so satisfying to have a success out of such special yarn - if it were me, it would turn out too small or too big, or otherwise wonky. I'm so jealous!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The sweater came out really nice and the color is great.

11:54 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

What I said over at the Habu KAL.
And I can't wait to cast on for the Shawl KAL...argh!! :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Beautiful!! Congrats on it working out so perfectly. I'm glad to hear that you could work it out to fit your gauge so beautifully! I'm in love! :)

Happy 100th post!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Floderten said...

That is utterly gorgeous and so flattering. Job well done! :P Love that last pic of you, too. ;) You look almost in despair!

9:12 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

I work around the corner from habu, and still have never made it there - I think that's a good thing :)

That sweater is gorgeous - totally work the recalculation. What a great way to hit your 100th post.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That tunic is beyond lovely! You did an amazing job with the calculations. It fits perfectly!

9:58 AM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

Que bella! :) I love the color as well.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Navi said...

So prrety, It really is a great color on you.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Paloma, it is so beautiful! and so are you! :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

It is gorgeous! The colour looks amazing on you!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a time, a long time ago (and I hope I am remembering this correctly or it is going to seem inexcusably egotistical) that you told me that you felt as though you were copying me and wanting to make everything that I made (the reversible rib shawl, etc.).

Consider our positions long since reversed. In particular, I LOVE this sweater. Want want want.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE this tunic! Great color.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this on the Habu blog (yes, I'm a little behind) and I LOVE IT!!! I always liked that Rebecca pattern, and seeing it in the beautiful Habu is leaving me salivating! Need. More. Time. To Knit!!!
Gorgeous, and gorgeous on you. Way to go. :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger i'mleaving said...

Hey Paloma!

Just stopping by to say hello. Hope all is well. Your projects always look so good. Thanks for the comments on my blog too!

10:44 PM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

This is beautiful. The color and fit is perfect, and I love your necklace with it. Makes me want to investigate Habu a bit more.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home