Monday, February 13, 2006

Ta daaaa!

Here it is ladies (and gentlemen?) my very first non-scarf, non-hat project! Isn't it cute?

It took me what seems like forever to finish it due to the frogging and the anxiety and the need to be a complete perfectionist, but man-o-man am I proud!

It is a very pretty green color, that I think will look lovely with pink for the lucky little girl that is getting it. I actually wanted to get some green and pink buttons, but could not find any cute or small enough for it.

This was the first time I ever picked up stitches, made button holes or sewed anything together, so I learned a lot from this little project that took me forever to accomplish.

During the weekend I also made a little hat for my friend's bebe Eli. I thought I was going to get a chance to see him today, but have not been able to get a hold of her. I will post pics later, but it was my very own creation with a star and a pompom, and again - head swelling with pride!

The bolero jacket is on hold because the person I ordered from on ebay has not sent it to me yet, or she has and she is not answering her emails, which is quite rude!

I hope to get it when I come home today, since we are going to visit Tony's sis in NY and I really wanted to show it off to her! I did as much as I could do with the little yarn that I had, it is killing me to see it laying there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!!!! Keep practicing for little Ava...she is right around the corner!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT'S GORGEOUS!!

One day, I too will make a non-scarf or non-hat/pi project LOL. But don't hold your breath ;)

xoxoxo
laurie

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home